Inspection Plan for Microscope Objective Lens

Hello,

The question that I have related to Microscope Objective Lens. We ordered microscope objective lens from Nikon, lately, these parts came in with pieces of dirt/lint inside the objective lens. I tried to contact Nikon but has no luck. Does anyone have an idea on how to inspect objective lens, and what type of equipment do we need? We are not a med device company, we currently don't have any microscope to test the lens.

Thank you.

JeantheBigone

Quite Involved in Discussions
The dirt will affect the function in that there will be ugly spots on your images which may interfere with use and measuring.

If you find a vendor that services microhardness testers or similar they might be able to help with cleaning / inspection of the objective.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted
Are you buying this lens to install on equipment you are using? Or buying it for your microscope to use your microscope?

If the former, I would suggest a use test...whether in a mock-up of your equipment, or in an actual microscope.
If the latter...I would put it on your microscope and look through it. (Pass/Fail in use test).

It seems a rarity that there would be an issue, so I would opt for an in use test.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Staff member
Super Moderator
I may be off on this - but this should be a 'catolog part'? what is the stated quality of the lens? seems liek this should be a straightforward return facilitated through your procurement return and replace facilitated by your purchasing group...

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted
but this should be a 'catolog part'?
Agreed...that's why I wondered if it was instead being used as piece of a different 'machine'.
For personal use, try it and see.
For part of a custom assembly...you'll want to vet it first on incoming QC

Top Bottom