SBS - The best value in QMS software

Inspectors find safety flaws where airline food is prepared

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration with a Mask on...
Staff member
Admin

"Six months ago, Food and Drug Administration inspectors say, they found live roaches and dead roach carcasses "too numerous to count" inside the Denver facility of the world's largest airline caterer, LSG Sky Chefs.

They also reported finding ants, flies and debris, and employees handling food with bare hands. Samples from a kitchen floor tested positive for Listeria, a bacteria that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems. It's also dangerous to pregnant women."

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator

"Six months ago, Food and Drug Administration inspectors say, they found live roaches and dead roach carcasses "too numerous to count" inside the Denver facility of the world's largest airline caterer, LSG Sky Chefs.

They also reported finding ants, flies and debris, and employees handling food with bare hands. Samples from a kitchen floor tested positive for Listeria, a bacteria that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems. It's also dangerous to pregnant women."
If they're so sloppy with food, I wonder what else they're sloppy with...:mg:

How about maintenance?

I'm scared now...;)

Stijloor.

T

tomvehoski

Do you really think your corner deli, all you can eat buffet, or Chinese restaurant are any better? A friend of mine is a health inspector for Michigan and I doubt this would shock her based on what she has told me about. Fast food places tend to be the cleanest she tells me - with White Castle being tops.

jerry_Malaysia

Quite Involved in Discussions
It's shocking news to me....... because i thought this kind of thing would only happen in some third world country...... I wonder which airline LSG Sky Chefs supply to......
Talking about fast food chain store, i personally had an experience in a fast food store in south east asia, i found a baby roaches inside my coke, i noticed it half way drinking. :mad: The store manager came to have a look and just replace me with another coke without even apologize....... :frust:

I'm not worried. I can't remember the last time a domestic flight served food! And I don't travel trans-Atlantic much.

I've seen as bad in the airport terminal - LHR where I was waiting to pay and saw a roach scuttling along by the coffee machine.

Just another example of journalists trying to get folks excited now they've worn out the latest oil spill/Jennifer Anniston/Lady Gaga news:notme::rolleyes:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Measuring FIM (TIR) - Two inside diameters - Conflicting readings between inspectors Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
R DCMA QAR Service Issue - Resident Inspectors absent from the plant AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
C What are the Visual Requirements for Borescope Inspectors? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
S What would be the evidence for trained/competent inspectors? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
AnaMariaVR2 FDA GMP Inspectors Cite 70% of Dietary Supplement Firms Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
M Do QC inspectors need an annual eye exam according to API Q1 Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 22
W Aptitude exam for Quality Inspectors Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 2
D How to reduce the number of Quality Inspectors Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 7
C Inexperienced Mechanical Inspectors and FAI's (First Article Inspection) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
R Training my Quality Staff of 4 Inspectors (plus 4 Specialty Inspectors) Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
somashekar Inspection vs. Inspectors - Inspection is essential but Inspectors do not add Value Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
W Eliminating an Army of Inspectors - Batch Manufacturer Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 12
S Quality Control during the Production Process (Space Constraints for QC Inspectors) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 8
S Certifications for inspectors - Revitalizing a certified operator & inspector program Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
N GD&T Curriculum for our Inspectors and CAD Technicians Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 14
A IFIA certification for Inspectors or supervisors ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 1
K Time Management Presentation for Shop Floor Supervisors and Inspectors Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
Q GD&T Training for machinists and Inspectors Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
ScottK Quality Control Inspectors - Hourly or Salary? Career and Occupation Discussions 9
R Creating a Training Syllabus for New Inspectors Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
D Quality Inspector Training - The best way to train level one inspectors Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
C Challenge to remove QA Inspectors from the production lines Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 7
R Requirements for Quality Inspectors to have Yearly Eye Exams Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 11
M Training Programs for Quality Inspectors Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 15
ScottK Has anyone dealt with the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 5
G Label Inspection - How to Set Goals for Inspectors - Label Manufacturer Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
C Visual Inspection: Can Visual Inspectors be Evaluated? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
M Can Quality Inspectors be Product Auditors? General Auditing Discussions 7
Marc Inspectors and Assemblers - How much can they handle? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
J What performance measurement is applicable for QA Inspectors? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 6
R Rework by Inspectors - Pros and cons of a quality inspector also doing rework? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 20
G Inspectors in a furniture manufacturer - How many quality assurance auditors Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
D Any recommendations on where to find experienced quality hires in Chicago area? Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 3
M Find updates to REACH and Rohs regulations REACH and RoHS Conversations 1
N Where to find Regulations for Reprocessing and Reuse of Single-Use Devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
D Where to find Guidance Class II Amendment Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
S How to find technical specification for facilities maintainance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Where can I find examples of PPAP? APQP and PPAP 6
J Where can I find the latest update to Reach and ROHS? REACH and RoHS Conversations 9
G Where to find Proficiency Test provider for photometrics (spectral %R, %T, photo density) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
C TL-9000 Certifying Body Issue - Auditor failed to find an issue for 10 years TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 16
R How to find out the UMDNS code for medical devices CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
M Plating standards - Where to find information AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
D Where I can find an ISO 13485:2016 Audit Schedule example? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
Proud Liberal DFMEA / PFMEA linkage - Where in the standards do I find it? FMEA and Control Plans 5
N Where I can find an Excel sample/template for recording Delivery Time and Cost Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
R Specification on flare testing extruded aluminum - Where to find Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
A AS9100 Rev:D in Spanish - where can I find a Spanish version? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
I Moving into Clinical Trials and need to find GMP Suppliers 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
B Where can I find an English version of Japan's PMD Act? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2