Integrated ISO 9000, ISO 14000 and Health & Safety OHSAS 18001 Systems

J

John C

It seems the coming thing, is the integration of ISO 9000, ISO 14000 and Health & Safety OHSAS 18001 in one documented system. On top of that, I've got a prospective client who wants me to maintain his ISO 9k system and review his compliance to EN 46002/ISO 13485. (medical manufacturing standard)
Things seem to be moving quickly. I wonder how many standards we are going to be dealing with? Does anyone have a list? Also, has anyone experience or comment about integrating several standards?
My first thought is that there should be just one policy. I guess the 'quality manual' would now become a general compliance manual, describing and indexing how we comply with our policy, our business objectives and whatever standards we are concerned with. Procedures would include requirements related to all standards, etc. It seems simple enough but maybe there's more to it than is immediately obvious. Any ideas?
rgds, John C

R

Roger Eastin

Maybe it's a little premature now, but I suspect that a new forum will be created on "Integrated Systems". As you said, ISO9000 and ISO14000 are becoming more integrated. We haven't heard as much about OHSAS 18001, but it may well be integrated as well. I think that companies will embrace this as well as auditing costs get higher for each new standard that comes along. This one may well be driven by companies and their cost considerations as much as anything. Our company in the not-so-distant future will be having both our QS9K and ISO14001 audit done at the same time by UL. We are also combining our internal audits. I think this is the future trend for many reasons.

D

David Mullins

integrate, combine, amalgamate....YEP!

Set up your quality system first and then include safety and environmental (or vice versa), as you need the doc control, training, records, auditing, etcetera, anyway. You can do the reverse, but without sufficient foresight you usually have to re-jig your document system.

There aren't that many standards to cope with. Try Defense and aerospace and see how many standards you have to contend with!

------------------

L

longnhanvo

Hi everybody,
My company is going to integate ISO 9000, ISO 14001 and OSHAH 18001. Could you help to provide list of required documents for ISO 14001 and 18001?
Thanks & best regards.
Nhan.:thanks:

Randy

Super Moderator
Yep, sure can.

The list of minimum required documents is contained in clause 4.4.4 of ISO 14001 and clause 4.2.1 of ISO 9001.

All other documents you might have are organization specific.

A

Arben

how can i find the file of download of the standard OHSAS 18001:2007 ?

somashekar

Leader
Admin
It seems the coming thing, is the integration of ISO 9000, ISO 14000 and Health & Safety OHSAS 18001 in one documented system. On top of that, I've got a prospective client who wants me to maintain his ISO 9k system and review his compliance to EN 46002/ISO 13485. (medical manufacturing standard)
Things seem to be moving quickly. I wonder how many standards we are going to be dealing with? Does anyone have a list? Also, has anyone experience or comment about integrating several standards?
My first thought is that there should be just one policy. I guess the 'quality manual' would now become a general compliance manual, describing and indexing how we comply with our policy, our business objectives and whatever standards we are concerned with. Procedures would include requirements related to all standards, etc. It seems simple enough but maybe there's more to it than is immediately obvious. Any ideas?
rgds, John C
This is a good intergration going further if you have a strong ISO 9001 in place. We have effectively done the ISO 9001; 13485;14001; OHSAS 18001 integration. The manual has a detailed co-relation matrix that links the clauses of various standards to our documented procedures. Practice has made us refine and effectively manage the integrated system into the 4th year now. Needs dedication of one and all and a strong top management support. Each one in the close loop must be sensitive to all standards and requirements and build the ability to think and act with multiple focus.

S

Stina

Just got the task of making a global integrated QA manualfor my company with 7 sites involved in 7 different countries not sure if I shall:lol:or:mg: but I sure love the challange to combine to a mutual QMS(thankfully we will keep most of theh site specific procedures)

A

antena

Hello,
This is my first post and I hope not the last one ;) I just started a new task of making an intergrated management system (ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) for the company, which has 3 business units. It is a great challenge for me and chance to get a new experience. I am working at the moment on Quality Manual and looking an exmaple of intergrated quality manual for those 3 ISO's. Any examples? :) I would like to know whether I follow the right directions with it. Anyone interested in reviewing "my" QM in about 4 weeks time ? :)

antena :)

Top Bottom