Integrated Systems Assessment for ISO 9001 / ISO 14001 / BS OHSAS 18001

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Just thought I would let you know that 1 of my clients successfully went through an assessment this week for ISO 9001/ISO 14001/BS OHSAS 18001.

They are a construction company and we set up a fully integrated system with a manual of about 15 pages and 16 procedures. The bulk of the details are contained in a project plan which is established for each construction project. It states the specific records etc required for each contract.

All in all it is a pretty simple system and the client has adopted it fully - what a difference when you get the commitment!

T

Ted Schmitt

Congrats to you and your client !!

Sounds like a Lean Management System !

Manix

Get Involved!!!
Trusted Information Resource
Very interesting, I am just doing the Man Sys unit of my course at the moment, and Management System intergration and Quality Planning are two key parts and you seem to have covered both with that audit!

I am interested to know how many fully integrated systems you see as a consultant (either EMS/QMS/OHAS or just QMS/EMS).

Also would be interested what you recognise as "Quality Planning". I am just doing an assignment on planning and I am finding it hard to differentiate between Quality Planning and all other forms of planning.

I am getting a little :topic: but,

Currently I see:

- Product or Process Planning (improvement or implementation of new) (less detail and more reference to existing systems)
- Project/Contract Specific Quality Planning (usually much more detail and results in a structured plan, as ISO10005 for example).

What about strategic planning. Surely this is a form of quality planning, resulting in objectives from which perhaps quality objectives would result!

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
I see very few properly integrated systems but quite a few which have been 'bolted together' to make them look like they are integrated. Of those I do see, the majority are QMS/EMS. I had the advantage of building this one from the ground up so I could do what I wanted to really.

Good point about planning. I quite agree that there are different levels and I consider 5.4 of ISO 9001 as being mostly strategic planning - hence we get objectives from these activities. I think that the fact it is under Management Responsibility is also a pointer.

Peter Fraser

I am interested to know how many fully integrated systems you see as a consultant (either EMS/QMS/OHAS or just QMS/EMS).

Every single one - they are all "business management systems", nothing "integrated" about them. They describe how the business is run. If they happen to be used to show compliance with 1 or more external standards, there is usually not much extra to be added. Is there any other way to do it...?!

V

Vlahov_21

Good job, Colpart.

Are there any good samples of an integrated manual and procedures (ISO 9001/ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001) available in this forum?

Thanks guys.

Randy

Super Moderator
Good job, Colpart.

Are there any good samples of an integrated manual and procedures (ISO 9001/ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001) available in this forum?

Thanks guys.

Yep, all you need todois use the SEARCH tool for the ATTACHMENT's we have...look in the little green Tab above named "Post Attachments List"

Antonio Vieira

Involved - Posts
Hi!

About Quality, Environment and Health and Safety systems integration I strongly recommend the Australian/ New Zealand AS/NZS 4581.
Other thing, I don’t see how it’s possible to have a 15 pages manual for this kind of integrated system...
:rolleyes:

Randy

Super Moderator
Hi!

About Quality, Environment and Health and Safety systems integration I strongly recommend the Australian/ New Zealand AS/NZS 4581.
Other thing, I don’t see how it’s possible to have a 15 pages manual for this kind of integrated system...
:rolleyes:

I do because I've seen them. We have a 2-page Q Manual posted here in the Cove.

Top Bottom