Integration of ISO 14001 with ISO 9001 - Seeking Example Manual

M

Mongo

Good Morning All,

Randy, Thanks for your warm welcome and advise....

You all gave me quite a bit to look through so I have that to do this morning....

There was talk about Merging the QMS/EMS manuals and why we weren't doing that, we are, it's just that the ESHA Superviser had a viable plan for merging...his documentation and outline is a basis for merging the 2 docs

I hope everyone is well today..... :biglaugh:

B

Barb Kopko

Looking for Environmental Process Map

Hi All,

I am new to this chain of discussions.

I have looked at the combined Q&E manual. Even before looking at an example combined manual, I believe it is the best interest of my compnay to go in the direction of a combined manual (TS and ISO). At this time, my company is trying to come up with a standard list of processes for our entire division (4 facilities under auto division). We will either have 10 or 11 processes - that's if we determine if environmental is a separtate process. Should environmental be a separate process under the Quality System or does the 10 processes fit underneath the Quality and Environmental System?

If anyone has a environmental process map, please share it with me?

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Barb Kopko said:
I am new to this chain of discussions.

First off, hi and welcome to the Cove! :bigwave: You've found what is, in my opinion, one of the best resources for discussions and brainstorming on Management Systems! :agree1:

Barb Kopko said:
I have looked at the combined Q&E manual. Even before looking at an example combined manual, I believe it is the best interest of my compnay to go in the direction of a combined manual (TS and ISO).

:yes: Combine them now not later. I don't know how mature your systems are...are you currently registered? We put in our 9K system many back in 1997 and 14K came into effect about 2 years ago. Biggest mistake was letting 14K develop its own manual, etc...should have merged it into the 9K programme. Hopefully we won't make the mistake with 18K.

Barb Kopko said:
At this time, my company is trying to come up with a standard list of processes for our entire division (4 facilities under auto division). We will either have 10 or 11 processes - that's if we determine if environmental is a separtate process. Should environmental be a separate process under the Quality System or does the 10 processes fit underneath the Quality and Environmental System?

We have 16 main processes, including the Environment. The Environment process falls into our System Process Map...it is part of our Business Management System and we wished to show how it connected/related to the other processes. I believe you can email me if you select my profile (if not, PM me) - if you would like to see how we have fit the Environment into our BMS, let me know and I'll send you a copy.

G

Greg B

Marc said:
Wow! Just saw this. I have this (see attached). I copuld have sworn this was posted in another thread or somewhere. I have to get control of what all is here on the site.
Marc,

Thanks for the Manual. I will look at it in more detail over the coming weeks. It looks very detailed and I am trying to get away from this type of manual with my QM but I am hoping that we can soon combine our QMS/EMS and Safety System next year and this is the first combined manual I have seen. I am going to undertake a Graduate Certificate or Diploma in Environmental Management hopefully later this year. It is a new course at our local university. The main lecturer actually talked to me about our QM and document control system and it is now a part of the course. So hopefully I will get easy credits for the documentation side of it as I'm in the acknowledgments of the curriculum. :lol:

Greg B

B

BobSchwabk

ISO 9K+14K Manual from Honeywell

I found this combined ISO 9000/14000 manual with a Google search. Since it was available via a public search, I assume it's for all to see. Hope it helps those looking for a sample. Unfortunatly, I don't remember where I found it . . .

Please support your local Manufacturing Extension Partnership.

Bob in Virginia, USA

:magic:

Attachments

• Honeywell ISO 9K-14K.pdf
    240.9 KB · Views: 1,049

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
BobSchwabk said:
I found this combined ISO 9000/14000 manual with a Google search. Since it was available via a public search, I assume it's for all to see. Hope it helps those looking for a sample. Unfortunatly, I don't remember where I found it . . .

Please support your local Manufacturing Extension Partnership.

Bob in Virginia, USA

Thanks for the link, Bob! I see you've been part of our family for many months now. Congratulations, though, on your first post!...hope to see more from you! :)

Paul Simpson

Trusted Information Resource
Have to agree the savings are there

SteelWoman said:
My opinion is NONE of these programs will ever integrate, not because as suggested above, "the stakeholders are different" but because it is distinctly to the advantage of the registrars to keep them separate - if you achieve true integration you reduce the number of audit days, and thereby reduce the amount of $$$ they take in.

Understand the viewpoint above but have to say I am involved with some companies where there has been a saving in assessment time - the problem is it isn't simple.

Firstly there are few companies where the systems are truly integrated - some share document control and records but still have separate procedures.

Secondly there are typically many people protecting their own functional areas rather than "give them up" to the quality person (for example)

Thirdly there are many examples where the certification body / registrar is unable to field people with both skills and

Fourthly the accreditation bodies generally require certification body / registrars to jump through hoops to justify any reduction in days (e.g. ISO 14001 / ISO TS both have minimum days on site and won't "give up" their days for another standard.

From a personal point of view the best systems I have seen have been Business Management Systems (not quality or environment or health and safety) where a person wanting to know what he / she should do looks in one place.

J

JGoff

Just what we've been looking for

I stumbled on these forums through a search, and this has been the most helpful site I've yet to find. Thank you for sharing, and we will be pleased to do the same. :thanks:

Top Bottom