Definition Integrity - The meaning of the word INTEGRITY in ISO 13485 Control of Records

E

ehrbs27

In the '4.2.5 Control of records', the standard requires the document procedures to define the controls needed for the integrity.
I don't know about the integrity meaning in this standard.
Please help me :bonk:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marcelo

Inactive Registered Visitor
Re: the meaning of the INTEGRITY in ISO 13485

Integrity = wholeness.

The requirement is basically to prevent you to tore it to pieces in a way that make it unreadable.

E

ehrbs27

:thanks:Thank you for your reply.
But I do not understand yet :(
Does it mean to preserve the document perfectly?
Or not to seperate the contents of 'record'?

Marcelo

Inactive Registered Visitor
Does it mean to preserve the document perfectly?
If that's required to "provide evidence of conformity to requirements and of the effective operation of the quality management system", yes. But lease note that you define the controls.

Or not to seperate the contents of 'record'?
Hum, I'm note sure what you mean here.

E

ehrbs27

If that's required to "provide evidence of conformity to requirements and of the effective operation of the quality management system", yes. But lease note that you define the controls.
OK
Oh, i understand it.:):):)

Hum, I'm note sure what you mean here.
I mean, do not divide as you like. for example, if you have a record "a/b/c/d/", then you should not divide it by "a", "b", "c" or "d"

Jean_B

Trusted Information Resource
I mean, do not divide as you like. for example, if you have a record "a/b/c/d/", then you should not divide it by "a", "b", "c" or "d"
I'd say you can still divide it to a, b, c and d parts, as long as removal of any one of the parts is prevented or noticeable.

For example, a summary record of e (all of the above) on a, b ,c and d means you can no longer delete and c and never know it existed.
Another way would be to reference for example this as being part 2 of 5. This would be similar to page numbers which can also denote wholeness or integrity of a document.

Taking it to the next level would involve test-suite setups, where later sections do not replace the previous one in an identifiable (e.g. part 2 under rev 1 to a different part 2 under revision 2) but take a unique place in an expansive set.
This is the core principle behind the often little understood practice of decadal (groups of ten) increments in manual maintenance of for example requirements documentation. This practice allow additions to the requirements set later on to still follow some imposed logical structure (for a little while). Else it could seem that a requirement has either transformed (replacement damages long-term integrity of directly referencing the requirement without the higher-level document identifier) or having a catch-all 'these all came later' numbered set of additional requirements at the end making reading and execution of protocols more difficult.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
In the '4.2.5 Control of records', the standard requires the document procedures to define the controls needed for the integrity.
You can find them.
Everyone who needs to access them can find them.
They are not lost.
They are not changed.
I can trust that when I read it, I am reading the correct version.
When I read it, I can see all of it.
No one changed it without authorization.
It can still be trusted after your computer network crashes.
Bob on the shop floor didn't mark up changes on it when he was angry.

Whole. Trustworthy. Reliable. Complete.

Data Integrity: Data integrity is the maintenance of, and the assurance of the accuracy and consistency of, data over its entire life-cycle. {Wiki definition...and right on the money}

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T ISO 17025:2017 requirement 5.7.b. about maintenance the integrity of the management system ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
R What is meant by Use of COMPONENTS WITH HIGH-INTEGRITY CHARACTERISTICS in ME EQUIPMENT (clause no 4.9) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
J Integrity of electronic digital records - Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
M Package Integrity Test ASTM F 2096 or ASTM 1929 Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
V Every good documentation practice observation is an data integrity issue US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
V What is the criteria to cite an good documentation practices observation as an data integrity related issue US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
Sidney Vianna ISO 9001 News Tirelessly Improving the Brand Integrity of ISO 9001 - Working Group under ISO TC 176 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 42
I HEPA Filter Integrity test ISO class 9 room Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
Q MHRA has released a new guidance document related to 'GXP' Data Integrity EU Medical Device Regulations 3
R Wet Signature Document Attachments in SAP - Risk on Data Integrity issue? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 6
V Data Quality and Data Integrity - Audit Trail - Part 11 - WHO - FDA - MHRA - PDA US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
N Foil Package Integrity Testing ISO 4074 Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
D Integrity and Inspection of Concrete Blocks Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
sagai Safety Integrity Requirement as per ISO/IEC 61508 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
somashekar 5.4.2 b) Integrity of QMS in Change Management ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
H Package Integrity Testing Acceptance Criteria ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S Suggested process to show compliance for this 820.120(a) for Label Integrity 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
M How to validate a Dye Test method used to evaluate Package Integrity Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 8
N High Integrity Components Definition according to clause 4.9 of IEC60601-1 3rd ED IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 43
I SIL (Safety Integrity Level) calculation per IEC 61508. Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 6
V ISO 26262 - How to handle OEM ASIL A (Automotive Software Integrity Requirements) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
J Outline of Data Integrity Training or a Data Intergrity Agreement example wanted Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
S A question on Maintaining the Integrity of the QMS (5.4.2) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
H Surgical Sealant Package Integrity Test for Glass Vial Filled Product Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
W Oven Leak Test Method - Integrity of the chamber to hold gas Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
J Container Closure Integrity & Sterility Test - The Dye Immersion Method Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 16
A Internal auditors independence & integrity Internal Auditing 9
bobdoering Determining a Good Variable for Small Scale Weld Integrity Capability Evaluation Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
K Data Integrity Verification Tool Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 3
I How Must Safety Integrity Level (SIL) For Ball Valves Be Calculated? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 3
T Automotive Software Integrity Level (ASIL) - What are the Requirements & Details? Software Quality Assurance 2
A Import Data Integrity Software Quality Assurance 2
S Employer asking me to compromise on integrity Career and Occupation Discussions 46
R Meat Sample Integrity General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
Q How to handle the integrity of electronic data in databases? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 13
A Integrity of Flue gas analyzer? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
Y Label Integrity Validation - Instances of labels peeling off unexpectedly Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
D cGMP and Batch Integrity of Bulk Storage Tanks US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 8
D Industry Standard for Brazed Joint Integrity - Customer Specification Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
apestate Integrity in reporting, and Poorly defined Tolerances and Requirements Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 4
CarolX Integrity lost? Conflict of Interest? ISO 9000 'Keepers' Profit from their books Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 42
Marc NIST 'High Integrity Software Systems Assurance' resource (site semi-abandoned) Software Quality Assurance 2
P Lot integrity - We have many paperwork problems - Wht can I do? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
P Lot Integrity - Process Steps where Identification is Lost (eg.: Quench) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
Watchcat FDA will not tolerate fraud…meaning what, exactly? Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
QIE FDA 21 CFR Part 11 "Meaning of Signature" Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
Mikishots Definition Defined - Definition and meaning of "defined" Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 10
H Meaning of Annex II, excluding point Clause 4 conformity CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
T Supplier monitoring - The meaning of "8.4.2.4 " Customer disruptions IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
E SPC for Dummies - The correct meaning of all the graphs Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3