Intended Use-Class I Self Certified - Intended Use and Indications for Use statements

kunal9218

Starting to get Involved
According to EU MDR, we need a separate Intended Use and Indications for Use statements. My question here is: Does a Class I need an Intended use statement?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
The IFU has to include, regardless of class, the following:
(b) the device's intended purpose with a clear specification of indications, contra-indications, the patient target group or groups, and of the intended users, as appropriate;
(Annex I s. 23.4)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Does a US FDA Class I (exempt) device require a Statement of Intended Use? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
G New intended use - Validation of a class IIb implantable (non-active) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
G Same intended use devices - Technical file EU Medical Device Regulations 2
B IEC 60601 Cl. 8.4.3 - ME EQUIPMENT intended to be connected to a power source by a plug / Plug discharge IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
MDD_QNA We have a device with two intended uses and we want to remove one EU Medical Device Regulations 14
M Informational FDA order – All manufacturers of surgical mesh intended for transvaginal repair of anterior compartment prolapse (cystocele) to stop selling and distr Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
W IEC 60601-1-2 Susceptibility/Immunity for device intended to be used in patient body IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
O FDA- CDRH - Design considerations for devices intended for home use US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
K Difference between intended purpose and intended use of the device EU Medical Device Regulations 9
O New stability - Yes or No - Similar product but for different intended use EU Medical Device Regulations 1
A Definition Intended Results - What does "Intended Results" mean? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 4
I Medical Device - Bundled 510(k) for multiple intended uses Other US Medical Device Regulations 11
M Devices intended to administer medicinal products - MDD 93/43, Annex I, 7.3 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
Q The ability of computer software to satisfy the intended application ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
X IEC60601 Battery powered devices intended for measuring bio-impedance IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
P Updating a Medical Device's Intended Use Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
K Intended Use wording: What is suitable for the instruction manual? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
P Mandatory wording of Intended Use Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
Ronen E Proposed reclassification of Ultraviolet (UV) Lamps intended to tan the skin Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
B New 510k for change to Intended Use - Prescription to OTC 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
K Indication for Use/Intended Use/New Use - Different look but functionally the same 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
S Prescription or non-prescription -Labeling/intended use makes the distinction? Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
Ronen E Design Considerations for Devices Intended for Home Use (FDA guidance) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
I Confirmation of Computer Software to satisfy Intended Application Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
M 510k Predicates with different Intended Use Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
V Medical Device Intended Use Document - Risk Analysis Documentation Requirements ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 12
B Using Components not intended for Medical Devices Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
G Additional Intended Use Predicate 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
C Indications for Use vs. Intended Use in User Manual 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
P Excessive Temperature - Parts of equipment not intended to supply heat IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 8
G Cl 4.2, ISO 14971:2007 - Intended use & identification of characteristics related... ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 1
A Clause 8.5 Continual Improvement - What is intended by the standard? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
T A confusing Non-conformity - No defined QMS processes intended for 'Management' ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
thisby_ Intended Use vs. Intended Purpose vs. Intended by the Manufacturer - Doubts ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
Sidney Vianna Intended Applicability of the Aerospace 91XX Standards AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 7
T "Indication for Use" used in 510(k) - Indications for Use vs. Intended Use ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Q ISO 9001 Clause 7.6 - Computer software to satisfy the intended application Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 8
S How to confirm the ability of computer software to satisfy the intended application? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S Question about 7.3.6 - Validation - We are unable to elicit the intended application ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M Are there any guidelines for writing an Intended Use statement? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
M Quality Manual Quandary - An intended change was not incorporated! Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 2
Marc Role of ISO 9004:2000 - Not Intended As Guidance For Compliance With ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
P ISO Class 8 particle count (annual certification vs monitoring) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
I IVD - 98/79EC - class IIa - Annex to the EC from the NB states the CM as one of the facilities? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
Z MDR Class Ir deadline (Reusable surgical instruments) EU Medical Device Regulations 14
D Adding a Class I to a sample box Canada Medical Device Regulations 5
T Class A PRTD beyond 300°C General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
F How to register class I device to all European Competent Autorities(CA) when we are European manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 4
K Sterile barrier system symbols - Label redlines for a Class III device (Kit Box) EU Medical Device Regulations 0
D Class 3 Device - Change of supplier of material Canada Medical Device Regulations 6