Inter/Intra assay precision study per CLSI guidelines

Karen747

Starting to get Involved
Hi All,

In need of help!!

(But please direct me to the correct thread if I am in the wrong one but wasn't quite sure the right one to pick)

I don't know statistics at all really, I have precision data I need to analyse.

For example:

I have 3 analyzers and 3 different samples tested for:

For inter assay precision = 2 reps of samples, twice per day for 20 days (carried out on two lots of reagent = 80 results per lot)

For intra precision = 20 reps of each sample in on single day.
(Carried out on two lots of reagents = 40 results per lot)

I looked at CLSI guidelines which Im finding quite complicated and it says to run an ANOVA for precision data, I do have minitab but I have no idea how to use it if I am honest.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks a million,

Karen

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Statistical Steven

Statistician
Staff member
Super Moderator
Karen

The CLSI EP-05 is pretty straightforward. The statistics can be complicated, but if you are not familiar with ANOVA and variance components, I would look into hiring a consultant statistician that can assist. Simply putting the data into minitab or any software might not be enough.

Hi All,

In need of help!!

(But please direct me to the correct thread if I am in the wrong one but wasn't quite sure the right one to pick)

I don't know statistics at all really, I have precision data I need to analyse.

For example:

I have 3 analyzers and 3 different samples tested for:

For inter assay precision = 2 reps of samples, twice per day for 20 days (carried out on two lots of reagent = 80 results per lot)

For intra precision = 20 reps of each sample in on single day.
(Carried out on two lots of reagents = 40 results per lot)

I looked at CLSI guidelines which Im finding quite complicated and it says to run an ANOVA for precision data, I do have minitab but I have no idea how to use it if I am honest.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks a million,

Karen

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Inter-operator Variability Testing - Requirements for EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M Gage R&R with large inter part variance - Torque Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
G Audit finding - Components being transferred inter-plant Internal Auditing 3
E 2 participants in inter-laboratory comparison tests ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
Ronen E Independence on Notified Bodies, inter alia of Manufacturers they Assess EU Medical Device Regulations 7
P Alternative To PT/ILC (Inter-Laboratory Comparison) Requirement General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
H Internal inter-departmental service agreement Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
E Inter-Laboratory Proficiency Testing Result Analysis - z Score or Normalized Error General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Crusader Inter-Departmental Customer Service Surveys Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
P How to conduct ILCP (inter-laboratory comparison programme) to get ISO 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
N Repeatabilty + Reproducibility (Gage R&R) Study - Inter-Laboratory Study (ILS) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
D Inter-Relationship of 3 AS9102 Forms AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
Jerry Eldred Inter Laboratory Comparisons - Baratrons General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
A Traveling Standards among laboratories under regional / inter-national program General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
R Industry inter-lot variation standard for Enzyme Linked Immuno Sorbent Assay (ELISA) Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
somashekar Health Canada : Requirement for Inter-dependent Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
A Inter laboratory correlation - Two laboratories with different methods? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
S Inter-Relationships of APQP and other AIAG Automotive Manuals (e.g. SPC) APQP and PPAP 2
D ISO 9001 tree - Diagram showing the inter-relation of all the ISO clauses ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Hershal PT/ILC - ISO 17025 section 5.9 - Proficiency Test/Inter-Laboratory Comparisons ISO 17025 related Discussions 27
Marc Consolidating Inter-Plant Documentation Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
M Informational US FDA draft guidance – Mouse Embryo Assay for Assisted Reproduction Technology Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
C ICP versus AA: How to determine appropriate specification for assay method verification Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
V Deviating from USP Method for Microbiological Assay Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
S Difference between Direct & Indirect Elisa (Enzyme-Linked ImmunoSorbent Assay) Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
S Statistics in Check/Replicate Analysis - HPLC Assay (Sample Duplicates) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
C Correct Tool for Gage R&R - Assay Dilutions Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
R Use of Automated Liquid Handling Robot for a PCR based Assay CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
AnaMariaVR2 Assay Guidance Manual v.6 + LabAutopedia + HTSA guidance criteria US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
S Mouse Embryo Assay and Endotoxin Testing Requirements and Costs US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
G Laboratory of Assay for Poliolefinas - Section 177.1520 of the FDA and AP89 US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1