Interesting Israel Holiday

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
Just got back from Israel couple of days ago. A short business trip. Right now they are finishing the 2nd day of a Holiday. This Holiday was explained to me, but the short version is a 2-day version of Halloween, but without trick-or-treating. Costumes and partying appear to be the main things. Some of the costumes can be quite interesting. Seems like a fun Holiday.

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
I am glad you enjoyed Israel, I spent a week there running a lead auditor course a few years ago and I too found it a really interesting country. Getting used to their security takes a while but they assured me that it quickly becomes a way of life.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Just got back from Israel couple of days ago. A short business trip. Right now they are finishing the 2nd day of a Holiday. This Holiday was explained to me, but the short version is a 2-day version of Halloween, but without trick-or-treating. Costumes and partying appear to be the main things. Some of the costumes can be quite interesting. Seems like a fun Holiday.

Indeed a short version.

The background is explained and elaborated in The Book of Esther. Basically the holiday is for celebrating the end of a persecution run in ancient Persia.

חג פורים שמח :)

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Hershal
Why did you not visit me when you were here?
:confused:
It is also allowed (expected ) to get drunk until you cannot tell the difference between the good and the bad Wikipedia reference-linkPurim

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Howard, My fault. I was still so lagged from the previous trip I did not think of it till the last day. Otherwise I would have enjoyed meeting you and introducing you to my mentor/collegue.

My apologies. This was a short notice trip also. Again, my apologies.

I had only a short time at the lab.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
That is very possible. Currently I am NOT scheduled for a trip during that time!

Do you like Italian? I know a great place on PCH!

BTW, I lived in Lake Forest for 6 or 7 years, place called Serrano Creek Villas.

Top Bottom