Interesting lady I met today

Randy

Super Moderator
Today I met one of the most intersting people I've had the pleasure to run into in years.

At my hotel and then at the airport in Killeen I got to talk with a lady named Beverly Raposa. Why is Beverly Raposa interesting? Because 40 years ago she was a flight attendant for Eastern Airlines on Flight 401 which crashed into the Everglades outside Miami. She was 25 the night of the crash and is 66 no...w, I've attached a recent photo. (Beverly is in the center and the other 2 ladies were also flight attendants on that flight) She was the most upbeat, full of life person I have talked to in my travels in quite a while. Here's a piece about Flight 401.

Eastern Air Lines Flight 401 was a Lockheed L-1011 Tristar 1 jet that crashed into the Florida Everglades on the night of December 29, 1972, causing 101 fatalities (77 initial crash survivors, two died shortly afterward).

Anyway, I thought it interesting

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Randy

Super Moderator
She said that the investigation showed that the glades absorbed a great deal of the energy from the impact and that's why so many survived

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Informational Interesting read for risk managers – The Psychology of Prediction Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
Ronen E Interesting Discussion Interesting view of EU Authorised Representative under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion Interesting article form the UNIDO Magazine - CSR: a wolf in sheep’s clothing? Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 16
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion ISO 9001 audits from the perspective of registrants' customers - an interesting paper Registrars and Notified Bodies 0
Sidney Vianna Informational The role of the quality professional - an interesting video by CQI Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
M Medical Device News EU interesting developments – embracing MDSAP and UDI alignment Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J ASQ Chicago Training Institute - If any of you are interesting in teaching ASQ Certification preparation ASQ - American Society for Quality 1
N Dream Log - Occasionally I have some interesting Dreams Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 27
H Interesting Article:Weak Supplier Relations Costing Big 3 Automakers, Nissan Billions World News 4
SteveK Interesting Medical Device Database Site (666,413 items listed) Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
B Share ideas to make Management Review more interesting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 4
N Interesting Purchase Order for its Terms and Conditions Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 82
B Very interesting article concerning MSA (Measurement System Analysis) Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 8
V Medical Device Conference - May 2014 - Interesting topics and presentations Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
A Interesting article - Economics of Environmentalism Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Hershal Interesting Israel Holiday Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 6
S Interesting ITAR related question from our Certification Body ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
R AS9100C vs. AS9101D 7.6 c.) - Interesting how meanings change AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
J Interesting Nonconformance During Upgrade Audit to ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 27
H How to perform interesting PFMEA (Process FMEA) Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
M Interesting article - Analysis of Risk: Are Current Methods Theoretically Sound? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 7
GStough Verisys Registrars - Interesting Statements on Their Web Site Registrars and Notified Bodies 2
RoxaneB My train ride with the world's most interesting person... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 29
J Interesting humor cartoons and videos for quality awareness training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
D Interesting graphic of BCS (college football coaches' ballots) Poll Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
V Interesting quiz, case studies or exercises for AS9120 needed AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
Steve Prevette An interesting paper on Lean Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 13
Q How can I make the QMS (Quality Management System) interesting to employees? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38
Jim Wynne An interesting antivirus experience - A "dynamic" test After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 14
Claes Gefvenberg Interesting Cove signatures Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 65
F CAPA Training - Tips on making CAPA training topics interesting! Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
K Management Buy In - Management has presented some interesting challenges IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
Jim Wynne Interesting Signs - Possible new OSHA requirement? Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 7
V Interesting presentation about QUALITY Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
A Need help with creating useful, interesting and good internal web site about QMS!!! After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
J Some interesting information for those who are interested in ISO/TS 16949:2002 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Claes Gefvenberg An interesting audit coming up - First combined ISO 9001 / 14001 surveillance audit General Auditing Discussions 6
E Some Interesting Sites Unrelated to Quality Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
A Interesting audit request - Full reaudit when separating R&D from division General Auditing Discussions 6
WALLACE FPS (Ford production system) - Does anybody have any interesting comments? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 8
Marc An Interesting Failure Analysis - Ejection Seat Failure Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
A Firestone Articles (Other Interesting Articles) World News 35
B Keeping the induction group awake - Interesting training exercises to share? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 14
D Interesting Web Sites, Boards & other resources on Stats Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
Stijloor This lady is an inspiration... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Marc The Naughty Lady of Shady Lane Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Sidney Vianna A T1 line is so 2004 - Old lady surfing Web at 40 gigabits-per-second After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
ccochran The Triumph of Lady Macbeth [fiction] The Reading Room 0
C Where are these employess in the process maps? Secretaries, Messenger Boy, Clean Lady Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 6
Ed Panek CE Mark Requirements on Kits (off the shelf product requirements met) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0