Intergrated system for ISO 9001 & ISO 14001

Demir24

Registered
Hi Everyone,

Apologies if this is to the wrong thread, I'm a newbie to the forum and really hoping to get some advise.

I have recently joined a new company and they would like to work towards establishing an integrated EQMS system for ISO9001 and ISO14001 which i have been given to the responsibility of putting into place.

My previous experience is in the food industry and construction, my new company is a furniture manufacturer, so a whole new industry and I am also new to ISO (complete newbie on lots of different levels!).

We are at the very early stages of setting this up, so far I've have done the following:

1. got a copy of both standards and amendments
2. googled as much as possible
3. brought books from Amazon
4. We have found a consultant and have booked in for a Gap analysis in August 2024. I've managed to get this to take place over 2 days, long but really want the consultant to see as much as possible and really get a good idea of where we are at and what we need to do.
5. Asked loads of questions in terms of what they do, what they have etc
6. wandered around the manufacturing areas and chatted to staff to get an idea of what's going on and see what i can see.

My query is, what can I be doing in the lead up to the Gap Analysis which would make this as effective as possible?

They do have FSC certification so there are bits in place, but i am getting the feeling that this may be a bit of a shock to the system when they realise the extent that will be involved to achieve ISO and i don't want to ruffle too many feathers in the process.

thanks in advance.

Noel Gurney

Registered
If you find the two standards a bit overwhelming you could have an analytical read of the inputs for "management review" in both and think (and ask around) about how to eventually report against all those inputs listed to top management. It's likely some systems already exist and some of those things are already reported on in some way.

Top Bottom