Interlaboratory Comparisons - I am using RP-15 from NCSL

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm the new kid on the block here. I have been in Metrology for 22 years. After about an 18 month hyatus (sp?), due wanting to keep working (so I had to do other duties), I am i n process of moving back into the world of calibration.

I am about to embark on a couple of projects. One of these is creating an Interlaboratory program for my company. I am using RP-15 from NCSL.

Anyone here done this sort of thing that may have some sage advice/comments on this above what is to be found in RP-15.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I don't know if there are many (any?) 'real' calibration professionals here, although I more than welcome them. I personally can't help. But - I do want to take a minute to ask you if you are on the listserve Greg Gogates moderates - e-mail him at: [email protected]

It's a great resource for professionals!

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Blast from the Past - This dates when Jerry found the Cove! It's nice that these days we do have calibration professinals here regularly.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Jerry,

ILC is a key component of accreditation under ISO/IEC 17025, along with proficiency testing (PT), so there SHOULD be a bunch of us that are familiar with PT/ILC.

Using RP-15 is a good start. You may find it beneficial to discuss some approaches with PT providers such as NAPT or Quametic.

NAPT: http://www.proficiency.org (talk to Chuck Ellis)

I don't have Quametic's web address handy. Once you get in touch with them, talk to Jeff Gust.

Both organizations can atilor an approach to help you with your efforts, from managing the whole thing to just doing the number crunching and reports.

Marc, is the Gogates listserve still around? Wow! I thought it was long since gone.

Hershal

K

Ken K

All is not lost Hershal...I have a question :bigwave:

Our PT/ILC needs to conform to ISO Guide 43: Part 1 and 2.

Is RP-15 similar? Is it still active? Is a copy available somewhere?

OK.......three questions :eek:

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Hershal said:
Marc, is the Gogates listserve still around? Wow! I thought it was long since gone.
I think the Gogates listserve is long gone.

I 'resurrected' this thread as much for historical reasons as anything. I was reading through old threads and it reminded me of how long Jerry has been around the Cove. He still stops by, but isn't very active here these days. If you look back through some of the old posts, Jerry spent quite a bit of time in the forums and was, for quite a while, the 'resident metrologist'. This thread was a very early post by Jerry.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ken,

The RP-15 that I have is an older version, so it may not be updated to match the newer version of Guide 43. RP-15 is a good guide, but Guide 43 and ILAC G-13 are better.

Just a note, since you are in a test lab environment (I peeked at public profile), your report will use the Z score approach, rather than the En score approach.

Mind if I ask what your PT/ILC is for?

Hershal

K

Ken K

Hershal,

Thanks for the reply. We calculate Z-scores and Percent Difference.

So far we have run PT/ILC for tensile properties, tear strength, weight, specific gravity and thickness on carpeted and non-carpeted flooring materials.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Staff member
Super Moderator
We should talk off-line, as we have quite a number of test labs that may benefit from some collaboration on PT/ILC. We participate in APLAC ones of course, but are always looking to increase the availability for the labs.

Hershal

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Interlaboratory Comparisons Test of CMM (coordinate measuring machine) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
T Interlaboratory comparison or proficiency testing in destructive testing of welded joints ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
C What is "Participation in interlaboratory comparison or proficiency-testing programs" General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
JodiB Interlaboratory Testing - Must they all be accredited? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
R ISO 17025 - Suggestion for Interlaboratory Comparison Measurement ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
G Guide 43 Interlaboratory Comparison Test Scheme General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
C Difference between proficiency test and interlaboratory test? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
I Proficiency Test and Interlaboratory Variability Testing - Required? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
M TS 16949 - Some comparisons between clauses 8.5.2.4 and 8.5.2 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
C Gage and Calibration Software Comparisons Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 6
I Multiple Comparisons for a Random Factor Using Minitab Software 2
J QMS Software Checklist and Comparisons Matrix Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
Jerry Eldred Inter Laboratory Comparisons - Baratrons General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
A Verification of job set-ups - "Last-off-part comparisons are recommended"? 7.5.1.3 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Q Various Excellence Models, Awards and ISO 9000 - Seeking Cultural Comparisons Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 9
D Should low volume supplier PPM comparisons consider level of opportunity for error? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
D Differences and comparisons between ISO 9001 vs. ISO Guide 65 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
Govind ISO/DIS 17021 vs. Guide 62 and 66 - What are the differences and comparisons? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 15
Hershal PT/ILC - ISO 17025 section 5.9 - Proficiency Test/Inter-Laboratory Comparisons ISO 17025 related Discussions 27
R Point Cloud Technology Validation - Point Cloud to CAD model comparisons for FAIR General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M QS-9000 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001 Comparisons QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 10
Marc Registrar Comparisons - We're thinking of switching registrars Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
W Using tailoring guidelines to tailor a QMS procedure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Y We found out we have been using a equipment without validation for past 4 years Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
D Using Laboratory Notebooks in R&D and Design and Development ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
C Importer shell game - Using a third party logistics provider (3PL) in the EU EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Work performed in Canada on US patients using US device Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
S Is using ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2008 the correct sampling plan to determine Pass/Fail of Apparel measurements? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 4
A What are the pros and cons of using an audit software for internal auditing? General Auditing Discussions 4
Tagin Evaluating nonconformances for escalation using Bayesian methods? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
D Using non-conforming components even though the final assembly is conforming? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
B Using Unreleased Documents & Process Maps for Internal Audit purposes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
R Clause 7.7 Replicate, Recalibration and Intermediate checks using Artifact ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
Stoic Are any medical device companies using the 2011 FDA process validation guidance instead of GHTF/SG3/N99-10:2004? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
B Unit of Use DI (Device Identifier) - Products using the same device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
A Using Arduino based sensors for Poke-Yoke Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
M Using your Manufacturer's ISO certification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Ed Panek Adverse Event Clinical Trial using a 510K approved Device Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
B Using non CE parts in a machine CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
G Gauge R&R on multiple dimensions using 3D measurement system Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
A Hospital IT expectations for connected medical device using WIFI Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 0
Proud Liberal Cp / Cpk on position using multiple MMC bonuses Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
B Using external FDA and ISO 13485 audit as internal audit Internal Auditing 6
D Using "Particle Size Standard" templates as gauges - How to avoid giving a gauge # while using for process control? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
J Class 1 Medical Device - Using a UPC over the UDI? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
I Reducing CE marking cost using manufacturer test reports CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
CPhelan Using clinical trial safety data for evidence for CE marking EU Medical Device Regulations 7
M Accredited Calibration Sevice Provider using computerized system to issue calibration certificate Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
M Accredited Calibration Sevice Provider using computerized system to issue calibration certificate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M Raw stock material testing discrepancy using an XRF (x-ray fluorescence) analyzer Manufacturing and Related Processes 7