Interlaboratory Comparisons - I am using RP-15 from NCSL

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm the new kid on the block here. I have been in Metrology for 22 years. After about an 18 month hyatus (sp?), due wanting to keep working (so I had to do other duties), I am i n process of moving back into the world of calibration.

I am about to embark on a couple of projects. One of these is creating an Interlaboratory program for my company. I am using RP-15 from NCSL.

Anyone here done this sort of thing that may have some sage advice/comments on this above what is to be found in RP-15.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I don't know if there are many (any?) 'real' calibration professionals here, although I more than welcome them. I personally can't help. But - I do want to take a minute to ask you if you are on the listserve Greg Gogates moderates - e-mail him at: [email protected]

It's a great resource for professionals!

Marc

Leader
Blast from the Past - This dates when Jerry found the Cove! It's nice that these days we do have calibration professinals here regularly.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
Jerry,

ILC is a key component of accreditation under ISO/IEC 17025, along with proficiency testing (PT), so there SHOULD be a bunch of us that are familiar with PT/ILC.

Using RP-15 is a good start. You may find it beneficial to discuss some approaches with PT providers such as NAPT or Quametic.

NAPT: http://www.proficiency.org (talk to Chuck Ellis)

I don't have Quametic's web address handy. Once you get in touch with them, talk to Jeff Gust.

Both organizations can atilor an approach to help you with your efforts, from managing the whole thing to just doing the number crunching and reports.

Marc, is the Gogates listserve still around? Wow! I thought it was long since gone.

Hershal

K

Ken K

All is not lost Hershal...I have a question :bigwave:

Our PT/ILC needs to conform to ISO Guide 43: Part 1 and 2.

Is RP-15 similar? Is it still active? Is a copy available somewhere?

OK.......three questions :eek:

Marc

Leader
Hershal said:
Marc, is the Gogates listserve still around? Wow! I thought it was long since gone.
I think the Gogates listserve is long gone.

I 'resurrected' this thread as much for historical reasons as anything. I was reading through old threads and it reminded me of how long Jerry has been around the Cove. He still stops by, but isn't very active here these days. If you look back through some of the old posts, Jerry spent quite a bit of time in the forums and was, for quite a while, the 'resident metrologist'. This thread was a very early post by Jerry.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Ken,

The RP-15 that I have is an older version, so it may not be updated to match the newer version of Guide 43. RP-15 is a good guide, but Guide 43 and ILAC G-13 are better.

Just a note, since you are in a test lab environment (I peeked at public profile), your report will use the Z score approach, rather than the En score approach.

Mind if I ask what your PT/ILC is for?

Hershal

K

Ken K

Hershal,

Thanks for the reply. We calculate Z-scores and Percent Difference.

So far we have run PT/ILC for tensile properties, tear strength, weight, specific gravity and thickness on carpeted and non-carpeted flooring materials.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
We should talk off-line, as we have quite a number of test labs that may benefit from some collaboration on PT/ILC. We participate in APLAC ones of course, but are always looking to increase the availability for the labs.

Hershal

Top Bottom