Internal audit help and advice needed

R

Rjack

I have just taken a position with a printing company (basically light manufacturing) with approximately 50 employees. The company has flexo and sheetfed offset presses. They print pressure sensitive labels and folding cartons. They are not, but wish to become registered to ISO 001:2000. They have not been registered to a standard before.

They have pretty well covered the bases on their documentation.

I am preparing to perform an internal audit.

Would anyone have a checklist for internal audit that they would be willing to share with me? If so, I would be appreciative. Please email any helpful info, forms, etc. to my home office. Thanks again. I really do appreciate the help.

John Jewell

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J

Jimmy Olson

Hi John,

There are several generic checklists that cover 9001:2000 that are available (most of the registration companies have them available on their website, or I can e-mail you some). If you are simply doing an internal audit at this time to make sure you conform to the standard, that would be a good start. If you are looking to start an internal audit program, the best thing to do is use your internal documentation as a guideline.

R

Rjack

Richard,

Yes, that’s what we’re doing. Auditing to see if we comply so that we can call the registrar in. Please email me anything that you have that I could use and not have to reinvent the wheel.

I really do appreciate the help.

John Jewell

N

Nosmo King

Rjack said:

Yes, that’s what we’re doing. Auditing to see if we comply so that we can call the registrar in.
In that case, Rjack, perhaps the very best checklist is ISO 9001, clauses 4 to 8?

Added later --SECOND THOUGHTS: of course, the registrar will want to see evidence that your internal audits cover much more than just compliance with 9001!

R

Rjack

Thanks to all.

I would like to express my gratitude to the members of this forum who responded to this request for help.

All of those that forwarded examples, tips, suggestions, comments, offers, etc. to my email address have been acknowledged and thanked personally through return email.

I just wanted to let the general forum know how helpful the forum and its members have been.

I am sure that in the future I will have another question or two and I suspect that help from the forum will be offered in the same manner as it was this time.

Thanks again.

John Jewell

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Please help me with attached copy of AS 9100D internal audit check sheet AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
L Need HELP with Internal Audit Program ISO 13485.2003 Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 3
LeonelAguilar352 Starting an Internal Audit - Help with the basics Internal Auditing 12
M Help with Internal Audit Findings ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Help me with preparing Internal Audit Schedule based on Risk analysis 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
C Purchasing Department Internal Audit HELP! Internal Auditing 12
J Setting up a Vendor (Supplier) and Internal Audit System - Need help Internal Auditing 4
D Help with an Internal Audit for ISO9001:2000 Internal Auditing 26
A Internal Audit Procedure Change from documentation to implementation...Help! ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D Designing an ISO 9001 Internal Audit Training Course - Need Help Internal Auditing 6
G Internal audit of corporate Sales and Purchasing - HELP an auditor is needed! Internal Auditing 2
C Internal Audit Training Help - Audit Nonconformance Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 11
H AS9100 Checklist for Internal Audit needed AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
A What are the pros and cons of using an audit software for internal auditing? General Auditing Discussions 4
F Internal Audit before Pre-Assessment ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
Q Internal audit plan template Internal Auditing 5
L Internal audit during COVID-19 restrictions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
O ISO13485 implementation - Are internal audits expected before stage 1 audit? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
B Using Unreleased Documents & Process Maps for Internal Audit purposes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
N Small Company - Internal audit process - Who does the audit? Internal Auditing 16
J Does anyone have an excel IATF 16949 Internal Audit checklist I could use? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
G Addressing Non-Conformances from an Internal Audit that are not product related ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
S Internal audit discrepancy - We missed a few audits that were scheduled Internal Auditing 12
Raffy ISO 14001 9.2.2 Internal Audit Programme Content Internal Auditing 5
N Internal Audit Schedule – Who gets to set the schedule? Internal Auditing 16
V IATF 16949 9.2.2.1 Internal Audit Program - "Process Changes" IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
G Non Conformance During ISO 9001 Audit - Not All Internal Audits Completed General Auditing Discussions 19
B Using external FDA and ISO 13485 audit as internal audit Internal Auditing 6
T Internal Audit Schedule when Hiring Out Internal Auditing 7
D ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit Training Advice Internal Auditing 10
M Internal audit consultant ISO 13485 (English speaker) Consultants and Consulting 3
S Implementing a 45001 Health & Safety standard - Internal audit plan wanted Internal Auditing 1
F Internal Audit - Procedure example Internal Auditing 5
C Internal Audit - Process Clause Matrix / Audit Checklist ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
CPhelan Internal audit - Combine similar nonconformities in one or keep separate? Internal Auditing 6
M Internal Audit Plan in Retail Internal Auditing 10
D Management of NC after internal system audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
A Purchasing - Internal Audit Questions Internal Auditing 8
N Comprehensive Compliance Matrix for Internal Audit Checklist Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
W Where to begin with an ISO 9001:2015 internal audit Internal Auditing 13
D Internal audit forms or checklists for a medical/veterinary laboratory General Auditing Discussions 5
E Informational Internal Audits - Wear multiple hats what can and can't I audit (so I'm not auditing my own work) Internal Auditing 144
E ISO 9001:2015 - Internal Audit Plan Clauses General Auditing Discussions 8
S Internal Audit Checklist for Application/Software development IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 1
S Internal Audit - Risk and Opportunity (ISO 9001:2015 ) Internal Auditing 1
F API Spec Q1 9th Edition Surveillance Audit - Questions about internal audits. Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 23
Ashland78 IATF 16949 Internal Audit Checklist Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
Ed Panek Root Cause CAPAs from internal audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
K Student wanting Case Study about Internal Audit Report Internal Auditing 1
R How far apart can you schedule separate areas or departments in your internal audit? Internal Auditing 4