Internal Audit of HR Department...

C

Chris May

Guys,

I have planned / scheduled the audit programme for the coming 6 months & I have focussed on processes that have not been audited for a while, if at all.

Anyway, a couple , for example, are IT & Human Resources.

I am pretty clear on the approach to IT, but can any one give me some pointers about the HR process.

I realisethere must be more to it (maybe not) than Training Records....

Would I be looking at how we identify the need for another "resource", how we set up advertising, conducting interviews, personal development.....and such.

Ideas in abundance would be gratefully received,

Regards,

Chris

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M

M Greenaway

Chris

By auditing 'Human Resources' it sounds like you are still auditing departments.

As a starter I would go into the department and ask the personnel working in it what do they produce.

Hi Chris,

We recently discussed auditing the IT function in the thread Data Center Audit Have a look at it.

As for HR I have the following suggestions:

Why not audit your “Competence provision” instead of only the HR dep?

Apart from the things you already mentioned, how about having a peek at the following?

How do you determine the necessary competence of our staff?
How do you handle new staff? Introduction plans?
In what areas do you need to elevate competence? In what way?
How do you evaluate the effectiveness of the actions taken?
Are your staff aware of the intent of your quality policy, quality objectives and how they contribute to fulfilling them?

Do you have the infrastructure you need?
Is the work environment good enough? How about the mood among the staff?

/Claes

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Internal Audit not done for Quality Department Internal Auditing 11
P Is Internal and external audit of Account Department applicable to any ISO standard Internal Auditing 5
S Sales Department Internal Audit Internal Auditing 24
M Internal Quality Audit for Maintenance Department ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
E "Internal" CAPA (Audit Nonconformance) Issuance to your own Department Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
D ISO 9001:2008 Internal Audit ? Strategic Department Internal Auditing 6
C Purchasing Department Internal Audit HELP! Internal Auditing 12
G Internal Audit on IT Department - What to Audit?? Internal Auditing 11
D Internal Audit of Finance Department per ISO 9001:2008? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
A How to Audit the Quality Department (Internal Audit) Internal Auditing 15
L Is an internal audit of quality department required? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S Internal Audit of the Legal Department Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 7
G Does ISO 9001 Audit fit in within the Corporate Internal Audit department? Internal Auditing 31
P Decision on NC - Specific department's internal audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
J Internal Audit of Tool and Assembly Department - Fastening Tools, Guns and Machines Internal Auditing 1
Q How to Internal Audit a Quality department - ISO 9001:2000 14001:2004 OHSAS18001:1999 Internal Auditing 20
H AS9100 Checklist for Internal Audit needed AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
A What are the pros and cons of using an audit software for internal auditing? General Auditing Discussions 4
F Internal Audit before Pre-Assessment ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
Q Internal audit plan template Internal Auditing 5
L Internal audit during COVID-19 restrictions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
O ISO13485 implementation - Are internal audits expected before stage 1 audit? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
B Using Unreleased Documents & Process Maps for Internal Audit purposes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
N Small Company - Internal audit process - Who does the audit? Internal Auditing 16
J Does anyone have an excel IATF 16949 Internal Audit checklist I could use? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
G Addressing Non-Conformances from an Internal Audit that are not product related ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
S Internal audit discrepancy - We missed a few audits that were scheduled Internal Auditing 12
Raffy ISO 14001 9.2.2 Internal Audit Programme Content Internal Auditing 5
N Internal Audit Schedule – Who gets to set the schedule? Internal Auditing 16
V IATF 16949 9.2.2.1 Internal Audit Program - "Process Changes" IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
G Non Conformance During ISO 9001 Audit - Not All Internal Audits Completed General Auditing Discussions 19
B Using external FDA and ISO 13485 audit as internal audit Internal Auditing 6
T Internal Audit Schedule when Hiring Out Internal Auditing 7
D ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit Training Advice Internal Auditing 10
M Internal audit consultant ISO 13485 (English speaker) Consultants and Consulting 3
S Implementing a 45001 Health & Safety standard - Internal audit plan wanted Internal Auditing 1
F Internal Audit - Procedure example Internal Auditing 5
C Internal Audit - Process Clause Matrix / Audit Checklist ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
CPhelan Internal audit - Combine similar nonconformities in one or keep separate? Internal Auditing 6
M Internal Audit Plan in Retail Internal Auditing 10
D Management of NC after internal system audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
A Purchasing - Internal Audit Questions Internal Auditing 8
N Comprehensive Compliance Matrix for Internal Audit Checklist Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
W Where to begin with an ISO 9001:2015 internal audit Internal Auditing 13
D Internal audit forms or checklists for a medical/veterinary laboratory General Auditing Discussions 5
E Informational Internal Audits - Wear multiple hats what can and can't I audit (so I'm not auditing my own work) Internal Auditing 144
E ISO 9001:2015 - Internal Audit Plan Clauses General Auditing Discussions 8
S Internal Audit Checklist for Application/Software development IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 1
S Internal Audit - Risk and Opportunity (ISO 9001:2015 ) Internal Auditing 1
F API Spec Q1 9th Edition Surveillance Audit - Questions about internal audits. Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 23