Internal Audit Schedule Complexity (ISO 9001:2015 )

P

Printerman

Hi,

my first post! I am trying to tidy up the areas my predecessor has left me with.

I'm currently working on a new audit schedule for 9001:2015 (just in excel) but wondered what peoples opinions are regarding audit detail. I'm using the requirements standard to knock up this schedule so it matches the requirements through each section.

In peoples opinion am i better having a extensive audit schedule for example auditing 7.1.2, 7.1.3, 7.1.4 as separate audits to be performed, or should i just have a simple audit structure with one audit covering section 7.1 resources, 7.2 competence etc...

Thanks all.

P

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: 9001:2015 Audit Schedule complexity

Hi,

my first post! I am trying to tidy up the areas my predecessor has left me with.

I'm currently working on a new audit schedule for 9001:2015 (just in excel) but wondered what peoples opinions are regarding audit detail. I'm using the requirements standard to knock up this schedule so it matches the requirements through each section.

In peoples opinion am i better having a extensive audit schedule for example auditing 7.1.2, 7.1.3, 7.1.4 as separate audits to be performed, or should i just have a simple audit structure with one audit covering section 7.1 resources, 7.2 competence etc...

Thanks all.

P

You must audit using process approach not for clauses.
Did you ever attend a course on auditing techniques?
Do you know the new ISO 9001 standard?

P

Printerman

Re: 9001:2015 Audit Schedule complexity

Hi

Thanks for the response. I understand that it is a process approach and i cant audit a clause. We have a LOT of processes and departments here. My thinking was something along the lines of using the clause ie operational planning and control, and then see what changes are happening within the business and audit the area that has recently had changes to it, ie a manufacturing area that has had process changes. Can i leave it as loose as that before an audit is going to be performed or do i need to say i'm going to audit process X in production?

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi,

Thanks all.

P

First thing you want to do is to identify the processes that you have.

Second, you want to develop a schedule with flexibility - quarterly works great.

Third - you should audit per processes - yes it is redundant but you don't miss issues at different areas.

Top Bottom