Internal Audit Schedule - Documentation requirements for Internal Audits

C

Curt de Mich

Hello All,

I have recently started scheduling my Internal Audits with project tracker software. This allows me to keep track of C/A and all affiliated paperwork with an electronic trail.

For some reason our owner doesn't seem to think this will meet the documentation requirements for Internal Audits. Is anyone using similar software to track Internal Audits?:frust:

Regards,

Curt

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M

M Greenaway

Documentation can be any king of media.

Document approval of electronic media can be done by passwords, or secure locations on a server.

No problems !

Documentation and tracking software

My question is what documentation requirements are you attempting to meet with the software? Is the software supposed to be your procedrue, or is it referenced by the procedure? Is it used just to schedule and track, or are you also using it to record and report audit results?

A lot depends on exactly how you are using the sofware.

A

Al Dyer

In this case we are talking about a list of scheduled activities. It does not matter if it's on a computer program or written out by hand. (I won't go into document control issues just yet)

A schedule is just that, and if there is methodology to revise the schedule when changes or improvements occur I believe you are on solid ground and that the boss should let the people he/she hired do the job!!

When I was doing it the schedules were always in MS Word, Outlook, or Access, really no different than a canned program.

If the boss doesn't want a canned program, what does he want???? To hire a secretary to sit at a desk and call people when an audit is due???:mad:

Not sorry for the bluntness. Keep on posting and e-mail me if you want an example of an electronic schedule, although it sounds like you have it under control. :bigwave:

C

Curt de Mich

Schedule

db,

I am using the software to schedule and track only at this time. I have written my procedure to referance my schedule as well as a procedure on how to schedule internal audits. IMO this more than covers both the 94 and 2K revisions of ISO.

Regards,

Curt:bonk:

Re: Schedule

Originally posted by Curt

db,

I am using the software to schedule and track only at this time. I have written my procedure to referance my schedule as well as a procedure on how to schedule internal audits. IMO this more than covers both the 94 and 2K revisions of ISO.
Curt,

I have been using and continually developing an MS Access application for for audits since 1997. ( Planning, checklists, reports, follow up... It's all there) I have never had any complaints, quite the contrary. I really don't see what your boss is on about.

/Claes

S
Curt, Your software method as you state meets the requirements for 4.17.1 Internal Audit Schedules.

"I am using the software to schedule and track only at this time."
Other documentation includes procedures, results, CA and follow-up.

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
I have been using an access database for years....it does my summary of findings for Mgt Review and DoD reporting for me. Highlights trends and all sorts of stuff...reminds me whats due, tracks open actions all sorts of neat stuff. The auditors love it....leaves no room for error.

A

Aaron Lupo

Barb, was the database you are using developed in-house or did you purchase it. If it was developed in house would you be interested in sharing or if you purchased it where did you but it from?

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
I develop it for each client, based on their needs........I use the access wizards. I can send you the base...its wicked basic and not so good, I find that starting from scratch is better for me......and it gets better each time :biglaugh: i have always used a report that summarizes the findings by my favorite N/C topics.....training...documentation...records...equipment...following procedures...safety..resources.....and clerical stuff or other. So each topic leads you to trends for reporting a summary...i give each one a heading and calculate how many each audit for each heading. # of formal CAR's issued, sometimes I tie this to the CAR data base, sometimes i just track from there, # of Doc change notices generated w/o a formal CAR if that applies. four headings for Quarters to schedule, a performed date, a closed date...and so on.....

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Internal Audit Schedule – Who gets to set the schedule? Internal Auditing 16
T Internal Audit Schedule when Hiring Out Internal Auditing 7
R How far apart can you schedule separate areas or departments in your internal audit? Internal Auditing 4
A API Spec Q1 9th Edition - 12 month Internal Audit Schedule Audit Nonconformance Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 10
J AS9100D - Good ways to document an internal audit plan / schedule Internal Auditing 25
D Please share your IATF 16949 Internal Audit Plan and Schedule Internal Auditing 13
P Internal Audit Schedule Complexity (ISO 9001:2015 ) Internal Auditing 3
A Developing a ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit Plan and Schedule ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 40
M Example Internal Audit Schedule wanted Internal Auditing 47
S No Audit Schedule and Internal Audit not Performed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
L R2 Certification Internal Audit Plan, Audit Sheet, and Schedule Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
S Help me with preparing Internal Audit Schedule based on Risk analysis 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
R Internal Audit Schedule Conformance Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 31
L ISO 13485 Internal Audit Schedule example needed Internal Auditing 9
M QSIT-Based ISO 13485 Internal Audit Schedule Internal Auditing 8
C Does anyone have an example of an ISO 14001 Internal Audit Schedule ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
J Timing of an Internal Audit Schedule ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
R Receiving inspection and Internal Audit schedule ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
J Internal Audit Schedule - Please review my Internal Audit Schedule Internal Auditing 19
S Internal Audit Procedure and Schedule example Internal Auditing 2
T Internal Audit Plan/Schedule wanted Internal Auditing 19
J Internal Audit schedule & Process Audit Checklists Internal Auditing 3
U Internal Audit Schedule for Multi-site certificate? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
S Internal Audits not performed - Useful data from internal audit schedule Internal Auditing 31
V Creating an ISO 14001 Internal Audit schedule Internal Auditing 13
GStough Internal Audit Frequency Schedule: Monthly, Quarterly, or Bi-Annually? Internal Auditing 46
V Is there a requirement for Internal Audit Schedule to be Approved? Internal Auditing 11
P The Optimal IA Schedule - How should the Internal Audit Schedule be set up? General Auditing Discussions 26
N Creating an Internal Audit Schedule Internal Auditing 48
B TS16949 internal audit schedule template Internal Auditing 4
A Internal Audit Schedule Updates - Necessity of a revision date on the schedule Internal Auditing 8
B ISO 13485 Internal Audit Schedule needed Internal Auditing 2
R ISO19011 Internal Audit Schedule - Should it have to be approved? General Auditing Discussions 12
W Internal Audit Schedule - Seeking Examples - Quality Audits Internal Auditing 14
R Internal Audit Schedule samples Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
L Internal Audit Schedule - Frequency of internal audits Internal Auditing 9
Crusader Internal Auditing to ISO 9001 - How to schedule/plan and perform an ISO audit Internal Auditing 31
T Developing TS-16949 Internal Audit Schedule - Seeking Example and Advice Internal Auditing 9
F AS9100 Internal Audit Schedule - Seeking Example AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
R Problem interpreting Element 4.17.1 Internal Audit Schedule Internal Auditing 3
R Internal audit schedules - Where does it say that I need an annual schedule? Internal Auditing 13
M Changing the internal audit schedule Internal Auditing 11
H AS9100 Checklist for Internal Audit needed AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
A What are the pros and cons of using an audit software for internal auditing? General Auditing Discussions 4
F Internal Audit before Pre-Assessment ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
Q Internal audit plan template Internal Auditing 5
L Internal audit during COVID-19 restrictions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
O ISO13485 implementation - Are internal audits expected before stage 1 audit? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
B Using Unreleased Documents & Process Maps for Internal Audit purposes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
N Small Company - Internal audit process - Who does the audit? Internal Auditing 16