Internal Audit Scope - Company's KPI (Key Performance Indicators)

P

piningg

I was given a task to perform an Internal Audit of our Logistics / Warehouse and my manager has given me an Audit Scope refering to Company's KPI..

Manager wants me to focus on the WH Procedures that is important to meet company KPI's..

Any comments??

P

piningg

Yes I do..
For every Internal Audit we do, manager wants the same Scope of Audit.
Which is the company KPI's..

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
I was given a task to perform an Internal Audit of our Logistics / Warehouse and my manager has given me an Audit Scope refering to Company's KPI..

Manager wants me to focus on the WH Procedures that is important to meet company KPI's..

Any comments??

I say go for it! :D

For my audits that focus on internal managements standards, we look at processes and we've defined a process as consisting of two parts:

1. A standardized, consistent approach - preferably documented (at the critical activities/tasks)
  2. Metrics

This approach is taken because
  • If we audit only the documented standard, how do we know that what is documented is the right stuff that should lead to the desired results
  • If we audit only the metrics, how do we know that we have determined and provided the path/activities/tasks/technology/tools/etc. needed to achieve those desired results

We also have a scoring matrix for both practices and metrics to enable the auditee and/or process owner to visually see where they are in terms of establishing an ideal process.

Attachments

• assessment001.png
    assessment001.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 853
  • assessment002.png
    assessment002.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 2,555

Big Jim

Admin
So does your boss want you to audit only the KPI, or does he want you to audit everything including the KPI?

AndyN

Moved On

Any comments??

Sounds, to me, like he has a good idea about how to use audits!:applause::agree1:

Last edited:

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
depends.

I assume you are certified to ISO9000? and you are tehrefore required to have an 'internal audit' program.

do these audits 'count' for you internal audit program to maintain compliance with ISO9001?
are the KPIs comprehensive and in line with the intent of the standard?
In the course of this audit - or some other audit within the internal audit program - cover the extent of compliance requirements of the standard?

Top Bottom