Internal Auditing - Observational Checklist for a Behavior Based System

W

wist0025

I ve searched the post attachments and free files but was wondering if anyone has an observational checklist for a behavior based system. Employees would use this checklist to monitor fellow employee's actions. Example "Does the employee use PPE properly". Any help would be appreciated.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
I ve searched the post attachments and free files but was wondering if anyone has an observational checklist for a behavior based system. Employees would use this checklist to monitor fellow employee's actions. Example "Does the employee use PPE properly". Any help would be appreciated.

I worked for an organization where this was incorporated into various levels of auditing, as opposed to its own classification of audit. That being said, it was more apparent in two types of audits:

• 5S audits - We looked at PPE, tools/equipment put back, general workplace organization
  • Standards audits - Assessing conformance to production work instructions which called out the need for PPE, legible documentation, etc.

K

kgott

I realise this an old thread but you should be aware that there is a lot of criticism of behaviour based safety. This articles are about as good as there is on the topic.

My biggest problem is not so much the issues with the science but with the way the 80-20 rule is claimed to work. Remember that the research was done in the very strict command and control days.

Sorry I can find a better source

"Whats wrong with behavior based safety" - Thomas A Smith

https://www.mocalinc.com/id14.html

Top Bottom