Internal Auditor Check List for ISO 14001

S

Sam

Randy, Send me a copy and I will use it. We are in the very beginning stages of implementing ISO 14000.
Also, I am about to schedule a lead auditor course with "Pillar Management Assoc." Do you know any thing about them?
 

Randy

Super Moderator
Yeah, OK, No problem.. It'll be after 5PM pacific when I get home from this place of torment.

As for Pillar...I've never heard good or bad. All training providers must meet the same criteria and be audited by the RAB, so as far as I'm concerned they are about equal.

Pay particular attention to identification of ASPECTS and determining which of those may have a SIGNIFICANT IMPACT.

For a starter...put your Environmental Policy on the Web to fulfill a portion of making it public.

Randy
 

Randy

Super Moderator
Hey guys..........I sent my gizmo to Marc. It is now posted in the pdf files.

What I did was go thru the standard and asked basic questions from each clause. There is some minor plagerism as in all things, but a good deal of it is pure Randy.

Use it as much as you want.

P.S. I will take donations for my favorite cause "Aid to Broken Down 14K Auditors".
 
P

pktonk

Randy said:
Will I get a big thank you if I send you one?
Hi ,
I just gone through discussion thread and would be thankful to you if you can provide me checklist for ISO 14001 internal audit . My E-Mail address is removed.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Q

qse123

Randy said:
Will I get a big thank you if I send you one?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

COULD I GET A COPY OF ISO 14001 INTERNAL AUDIT CHECKLIST. THANKS AGAIN!

my email: removed
 
Last edited by a moderator:

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Greetings, pktonk and qse123! :bigwave: Welcome to the Cove! I see that pktonk is relatively new to the Cove and qse123 is a first-time poster! Congrats on finding a great resource such at the Cove.

One thing that we try to do here is not include our email addresses in posts. This is for your own protection - we don't want you to be spammed with loads of junk mail. Instead, you have the option of including your email address in your profile, or you can PM (private message) someone requesting information and provide them with an email address at that time.

If you are unable to locate/access the file that makes up the ISO 14001 checklist, I'd suggest you PM Randy...I'm sure he'll be able to help you out. :)
 
RCBeyette said:
One thing that we try to do here is not include our email addresses in posts. This is for your own protection - we don't want you to be spammed with loads of junk mail. Instead, you have the option of including your email address in your profile, or you can PM (private message) someone requesting information and provide them with an email address at that time.
Very sensible advice from Roxane there... And hey: Welcome to the Cove, both of you :bigwave:

/Claes
 
T

TownDawg

Yo.. and good morning... did the .pdf file get uploaded to the Cove server?

I'm interested in taking a look also..
 

Randy

Super Moderator
1st...it's not an internal audit checklist,this is a gap analysis tool. If I were to audit you as a 3rd party and you did your internal audits with this thing I'd rip into your knickers!

2nd...take time to introduce yourselves if you haven't already done so before you start saying "Gimme, Gimme"

3rd...God helps those who help themselves and I do to. Common sense tells me that if there are over 9000 people that come here and they have been doing so for 8-9 years; and the ISO 14000 forums has over 200 threads with a thousand or so posts that this subject may have come up before; that I may find what I need in the "Post Attachment List" (Which I have linked below for your use...it's on the 1st page so you wouldn't have had to break sweat looking for it)

14k_gap_grid.pdf

Next time start out by saying "Does anybody know where I can find.......?"
 

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Randy said:
1st...it's not an internal audit checklist,this is a gap analysis tool. If I were to audit you as a 3rd party and you did your internal audits with this thing I'd rip into your knickers!

True words! Gap Analysis tools and IA forms are different....but they do have a common foundation. The Standard. The set-up of the forms is different...the IA form should leave room for comments, for findings, for plus points, etc.

Randy said:
2nd...take time to introduce yourselves if you haven't already done so before you start saying "Gimme, Gimme"

Again, true! The Cove is a great resource for sharing information amongst professional colleagues. I know that I certainly would not show up on Randy's doorstep demanding information...without (a) setting up an appointment, (b) introducing myself and (c) bringing a rolled-up newspaper to swat his head when he gets out of hand. :)

Randy said:
3rd...God helps those who help themselves and I do to. Common sense tells me that if there are over 9000 people that come here and they have been doing so for 8-9 years; and the ISO 14000 forums has over 200 threads with a thousand or so posts that this subject may have come up before; that I may find what I need in the "Post Attachment List" (Which I have linked below for your use...it's on the 1st page so you wouldn't have had to break sweat looking for it)

Next time start out by saying "Does anybody know where I can find.......?"

My, my...we're on a roll today Randy! That is perhaps one of the largest issues amongst Cove members....people who do not use the Search function. It's a tool that is not advocated enough. Maybe we should we have a big, huge honkin' SEARCH button....Marc??? Something that really stands out.
 
Top Bottom