Internal Auditor not trained but done Audit for some process

Umashankar M S

Registered
Hii all,

Please help me to close below issue with Root cause and Corrective action.
Mr ABC is not trained on Internal Audit and not having Auditor certificate but he has done the audit of QMS/MR...

What would be Root Cause :
Corrective action :

John C. Abnet

Teacher, sensei, kennari
Leader
Super Moderator
Good day @Umashankar M S ;
I assume you are referring to nonconformance issued by a third party auditor specific to and ISO or IATF standard. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If I am correct, then be aware, there is NO requirement for such training. The requirement is for COMPETENCY. Competency is defined as the ability to apply knowledge to achieve the intended goals. If your auditor(s) can demonstrate competency, then there is no additional requirement.

Training/education from a trusted source is always good. While I certainly recommend training from a good source specific to this topic, there is NO requirement for such training.

Hope this helps.
Be well.

Umashankar M S

Registered
Good day @Umashankar M S ;
I assume you are referring to nonconformance issued by a third party auditor specific to and ISO or IATF standard. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If I am correct, then be aware, there is NO requirement for such training. The requirement is for COMPETENCY. Competency is defined as the ability to apply knowledge to achieve the intended goals. If your auditor(s) can demonstrate competency, then there is no additional requirement.

Training/education from a trusted source is always good. While I certainly recommend training from a good source specific to this topic, there is NO requirement for such training.

Hope this helps.
Be well.
Sir, Thank you

But is AS9100 standard requirement..

mattador78

Quite Involved in Discussions
Remember where possible you shouldn't audit your own work so you can remain impartial, but should have an understanding of the process being audited.

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource
What would be Root Cause :

Lots of organizations have not fully embraced 6.3 of the standard. If you control changes, a new auditor would be trained/qualified before being assigned.

What is the process for qualifying a new internal auditor? (Is there one?) Why did it not take place?

Top Bottom