Internal Auditor Qualifications - TS16949:2002

I

ISOPete

Actually paasing an auditor course is required by the big 3.If you are not tier 1 suppliers to the big 3 than you decide what steps to take for educating your internal auditors. UNLESS one of your customers requires otherwise no course is needed.

V

vanputten

In TS 16949:2002, there is no requirement to have a training record to TS 16949 for an internal auditor. We have to show an auditor is qualified per 6.2.2.2. Awareness, competency, and training are 3 different things. Related but different.

ISO 10011 is obsolete and is replaced by ISO 19011. ISO 19011 is a guideline and not a requirement. There is no requiremen to have a lead auditor, a junior auditor, or what ever you want to call it. You can define the auditor titles how ever you want.

Customer specific requirements superceed what I have stated above.

R

ralphsulser

Visteon CSR to TS16949, specifies at leat one person at the facility has passed an accredited ISO9001:2000/TS16949:2002 Lead Auditor course.

L

Laura M

Ralph,

I work with several small shops. Most are too small to be able to 'afford' a full time quality manager with the knowledge and skills that I can offer. So I'm on a few organizational charts as either "Quality manager" or "Internal Auditor." If I had the training, would that work for the Visteon requirement?

Laura

S

SilverHawk

We have SMMT IF / Never Clarke calling up prospective TS organization that they have to sent their internal auditor to attend the TS Supplier Auditor program. Several friends have attended and paying thru their noses....

R

ralphsulser

Laura M said:
Ralph,

I work with several small shops. Most are too small to be able to 'afford' a full time quality manager with the knowledge and skills that I can offer. So I'm on a few organizational charts as either "Quality manager" or "Internal Auditor." If I had the training, would that work for the Visteon requirement?

Laura
Laura, the Visteon Customer Specific Requirements state the following:
8.2.2S Internal Audit
Internal auditors shall have completed an internal auditing training class. The organization should have at least one auditor who has passed an accredited lead auditor class. When the organization does not have a lead auditor meeting those requirements a contracted third party with the above qualifications shall perform the audits. Audit records shall be retained for a minimum of three years.

So, I assume that of you have the accredited lead auditor training you would qualify either as part of the companies team, or as a contracted third party with those qualifications.

Do you have a copy of the Visteon Customer Specific requirements?

L

Laura M

Not here - I have a copy at the one client considering TS.

Their 3rd party ISO auditor "strongly encouraged" them to use internal internal auditors. We're still strategizing. The problem is they were pulling receptionists and tool makers (in the past, before I came into the picture)- who some may not be bad, but its my belief that if you don't audit often, you lose the skill. There is also alot of turnover at these shops, so you can be continuously training internal resources. By the way, if you all have read my other posts regarding a 3rd party auditor imposing unnecessary requirements on a Quality Manual - well, its the same guy, different client. I don't think he liked seeing me at 2 different shops in the same role.

D

db

ISOPete said:
Actually paasing an auditor course is required by the big 3.If you are not tier 1 suppliers to the big 3 than you decide what steps to take for educating your internal auditors. UNLESS one of your customers requires otherwise no course is needed.

Could you cite the requirement? I know Ford requires training (4.39.1 of their CSR), but allows performance ILO training (4.39.2). GM says that IAs "should" be qualified as recommended in 19011. I don't see anything with DCX.

R

ravindranap

Iso10011

Hi guys,

In terms of Auditor Training..you cannot refer to ISO10011 anymore.......it is replaced by ISO19011:2002.........where training alone is not sufficient you need to be able to guage the competency of auditors. The other criteria is there are Customer Specified Requirements from the respectives OEMs and Auto manufactures that you need to consider

Ravindran

Top Bottom