SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Internal Audits not performed - Useful data from internal audit schedule

S

selena15

halo all
i've got to follow up the annual internal audit shcedule. i found out during the checking that several audit was scheduled but never have been done!

do i have to take this fact in count or just replace them by the audits made really? for me this is usefull to show that the planning was not respected or not been done according the availability of the staff ?
thanks to answer

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
Re: usefull data from internal audit schedule

You should take credit for the audits that were done but you will be expected to identify that newer audits were done performed according to the schedule (better you confess than have an auditor bring it up - it makes you look clueless if they do), and a corrective action on how you are going to maintain the audit schedule in the future.
You will have to show that your corrective action is effective, that is the audits are starting to be done on time. You may have to update the schedule, too. :cool:

S

selena15

hi bobdoering
actualy this is waht i want
normaly it's the Manufactory QR( Quality responsible) who is expected to do this and to send it to us , ( the Qa management departement in order to follow up it and also as input. it isn't done by us according one Advice of internal auditor from the back office ( from France).
comming back to my duty, when i received these data from this QR, it was clear that the schedule is not respected nor issued . usualy they launch one audit accordint one real and present need. this is quiet hard to show that newers audits was done according one schedule. and also i remark that usually they audit one process audit ( this is one very sensitive process) 85% and the others process 15% and the system audit is done usualy by us or the back office
of course the schedule should be updated but it is hard because they explain that they are busy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
Do you have the authority to request a corrective action for their inability to meet your company's quality system requirements?

By the way, this is a KEY item that should be coming up at Management Review. Management Review should be reviewing the results of the internal audits - and their effectiveness (including being done to the schedule). If they do not have any results, an auditor will be looking to them to initiate corrective action. If they do not, then Management Review can also be hit with a nonconformance.

Very messy.

So, at a minimum, to cover yourself, make sure that your management is aware of the problem, and its possible effect on them.:cool:

S

selena15

hi
very messy you got it , and i'm quiet new in this company and im asthonished by this method ( french Company on board). hope some change after been bought by Uk one
comming back to this issue, i can propose one NC about this no respect of schedule. and also to mention for the managment review.
for my self no worry , i notify it
:thanks:

S

selena15

correct as well as i catch it out since the first sight
i hope too but i will carry it out to the managment review :tg:
:thanx:

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
It is correct that management review needs to include these audit results. Not having any audit results in management review would certainly be a nonconformance by a registrar. That, in addition to not having a number of audits done would very likely result in receiving a major nonconformance.

It seems clear this function will require more oversight, and possibly your issuing schedules and managing/analyzing the data.

"Very messy" is right...
:2cents:

S

selena15

no jennifer
they got the audit result of the ones which was decided when some issues occured but the annual scheduled, it is rare that it is done or made in postponed date !
i know that it is messy i see that usually and don't need to hear it all the time ;)
thanks any way

C

chaosweary

You could do what we do and just alter the audit schedule to match the audits actually being done as you go. The non-conformance from an outside auditor is a catch 22. You may want it (an external audit finding) to leverage areas to hold firm in their audit dates, however, it may also point that the quality dept in charge of doing the audits are not doing their jobs. In the distant past I have been reprimanded from my own management for being inflexible when I wanted to write up certain areas for bumping out audits, some as long as a year!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Corrective Action from Internal Audits not performed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
S Internal Audits performed by another local business ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
M Program of Internal Audits aren?t performed fully - Is it nonconformance? General Auditing Discussions 20
E First external audit coming up, do I need to have performed Internal Audits already? Internal Auditing 15
A Internal Audits - What if performed by consultant Internal Auditing 9
S Is it required to complete Internal Audits within one year? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
C First Round of QMS Internal Audits - Ethical Dilemma Internal Auditing 7
T How to conduct combined internal audits (9001 and 13485) Internal Auditing 1
A ISO 9001 Internal Audits - No production right now due to furloughs Internal Auditing 5
lanley liao How to understand this words that the planning of internal audit shall take into consideration the results of previous audits? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 10
M ISO13485:2016, MDSAP and Internal Audits ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
S Would this be a second site for the purposes of internal and third party audits? General Auditing Discussions 4
J ISMS - Internal Audits Internal Auditing 5
L Documented Information in Internal Audits Process (9.2) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
D CB and customer audits considered as internal audits? General Auditing Discussions 9
R IATF 16949 - Outsourcing of internal audits Internal Auditing 11
M Major vs. Minor for Internal Audits? Internal Auditing 10
C Internal Audits in a tiny Dx Company Internal Auditing 33
N Sampling Plan for Internal Audits - ISO 2859 or 3951 - Or Neither? Internal Auditing 6
O ISO13485 implementation - Are internal audits expected before stage 1 audit? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
O Informational Scaling back internal audits due to corona virus while avoiding a NC Internal Auditing 7
G Internal Audits and Employee engagement Internal Auditing 16
S Internal audit discrepancy - We missed a few audits that were scheduled Internal Auditing 12
F ISO 17025 8.8 Internal Audits in a segmented company ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
qualprod Internal Audits - Categories of non conformances Internal Auditing 12
G Non Conformance During ISO 9001 Audit - Not All Internal Audits Completed General Auditing Discussions 19
K A way to monitor our Internal Audits as a KPI AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
blackholequasar Internal Auditing Inspiration - Getting volunteers to perform internal audits. Internal Auditing 22
A External Auditor issue with Internal Audits Internal Auditing 7
W Internal Auditing carried out by a 3rd party - Review of previous audits AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
E Informational Internal Audits - Wear multiple hats what can and can't I audit (so I'm not auditing my own work) Internal Auditing 149
Gman2 Quality Record Retention (Internal Audits, CA's) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
T Informational What is the purpose of Internal Audits? Internal Auditing 27
F API Spec Q1 9th Edition Surveillance Audit - Questions about internal audits. Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 22
Pmarszal ISO 19011:2018 - Risk Based Approach for planning, conducting and reporting of internal audits Internal Auditing 8
R ISO 13485:2016 Registration - NC on full cycle of internal audits ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
J Internal Audit clarification - How to perform the audits IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
W FAA Advisory Circular (AC) Requirements (FAA AC 00-56) - Internal Audits AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
B Going into IATF 16949 transition without Internal Audits IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
K No Internal Audits For Upcoming IATF Trans Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
J Supporting Processes - Internal Audits - Need help settling a debate IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
K AS9100 Rev. D Transition - Internal Audits & Gap Analysis Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
J Internal Audits - Closing Audit Deficiency Reports (ISO 13485) Internal Auditing 4
S Is Audit Plan / Agenda required for Internal Audits? Internal Auditing 2
J ISO 9001:2008 - Can I still conduct Internal Audits in my company? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
F What is your favorite software for ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audits? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
C ISO 9001:2008 Surveillance Audit - No Internal Audits Internal Auditing 9
J Dinged on Internal Audits for supervising an auditor I was training Internal Auditing 10
Marc ISO 9001:2015 vs. 2008 - Internal Audits - What changes are you making? Internal Auditing 44
M Are auditing checklists required for Internal Audits? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13