Internal Audits not performed - Useful data from internal audit schedule

S

selena15

halo all
i've got to follow up the annual internal audit shcedule. i found out during the checking that several audit was scheduled but never have been done!

do i have to take this fact in count or just replace them by the audits made really? for me this is usefull to show that the planning was not respected or not been done according the availability of the staff ?
thanks to answer

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
Re: usefull data from internal audit schedule

You should take credit for the audits that were done but you will be expected to identify that newer audits were done performed according to the schedule (better you confess than have an auditor bring it up - it makes you look clueless if they do), and a corrective action on how you are going to maintain the audit schedule in the future.
You will have to show that your corrective action is effective, that is the audits are starting to be done on time. You may have to update the schedule, too. :cool:

S

selena15

hi bobdoering
actualy this is waht i want
normaly it's the Manufactory QR( Quality responsible) who is expected to do this and to send it to us , ( the Qa management departement in order to follow up it and also as input. it isn't done by us according one Advice of internal auditor from the back office ( from France).
comming back to my duty, when i received these data from this QR, it was clear that the schedule is not respected nor issued . usualy they launch one audit accordint one real and present need. this is quiet hard to show that newers audits was done according one schedule. and also i remark that usually they audit one process audit ( this is one very sensitive process) 85% and the others process 15% and the system audit is done usualy by us or the back office
of course the schedule should be updated but it is hard because they explain that they are busy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Do you have the authority to request a corrective action for their inability to meet your company's quality system requirements?

By the way, this is a KEY item that should be coming up at Management Review. Management Review should be reviewing the results of the internal audits - and their effectiveness (including being done to the schedule). If they do not have any results, an auditor will be looking to them to initiate corrective action. If they do not, then Management Review can also be hit with a nonconformance.

Very messy.

So, at a minimum, to cover yourself, make sure that your management is aware of the problem, and its possible effect on them.:cool:

S

selena15

hi
very messy you got it , and i'm quiet new in this company and im asthonished by this method ( french Company on board). hope some change after been bought by Uk one
comming back to this issue, i can propose one NC about this no respect of schedule. and also to mention for the managment review.
for my self no worry , i notify it
:thanks:

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Good luck!!:agree1:

It is usually an easy nonconformance for an auditor to catch, so I hope they wake up soon!!:cool:

S

selena15

correct as well as i catch it out since the first sight
i hope too but i will carry it out to the managment review :tg:
:thanx:

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
It is correct that management review needs to include these audit results. Not having any audit results in management review would certainly be a nonconformance by a registrar. That, in addition to not having a number of audits done would very likely result in receiving a major nonconformance.

It seems clear this function will require more oversight, and possibly your issuing schedules and managing/analyzing the data.

"Very messy" is right...
:2cents:

S

selena15

no jennifer
they got the audit result of the ones which was decided when some issues occured but the annual scheduled, it is rare that it is done or made in postponed date !
i know that it is messy i see that usually and don't need to hear it all the time ;)
thanks any way

C

chaosweary

You could do what we do and just alter the audit schedule to match the audits actually being done as you go. The non-conformance from an outside auditor is a catch 22. You may want it (an external audit finding) to leverage areas to hold firm in their audit dates, however, it may also point that the quality dept in charge of doing the audits are not doing their jobs. In the distant past I have been reprimanded from my own management for being inflexible when I wanted to write up certain areas for bumping out audits, some as long as a year!

Top Bottom