SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Internal Calibration for Laser Temperature Gauges

PABSR

Inactive Registered Visitor
Hello to everybody!!

I need some ideas on how we could internally calibrate laser temperature gauges. We use these devices for measuring In Process temperatures when mixing rubber.

We use these daily by checking surface temperatures of batches. The appropriate temperature allows better mixing and extrusion.

Thank you in advance!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

BradM

Staff member
Admin
So are you talking about infra-red type devices?

Here are some calibrators available from Fluke-Hart Scientific:

http://us.flukecal.com/products/tem.../infrared-calibrators/41804181-precision-infr

Not sure about the price range on these.

However... I do know there are an awful lot of uncertainty variables that need to be controlled/accounted for. Consider all the variance from angling the thermometer, changing the horizontal/vertical distances, etc.

So.. you could get one of these calibrators; and offset its calibration recall from your test instruments recall.

Once you get it in, spend a lot of time doing studies and tests to determine the optimal method of testing. While not perfect, I would think you can develop a testing process to detect when one of the units is operating significantly outside its normal parameters. :)

PABSR

Inactive Registered Visitor
Thank you Stijloor and Brad M.
Yes they are infrared type devices.
I will try to get some $$ approved to get the Fluke calibrators :agree:, but if not I was thinking that I could build up a fixture with a determined height to hold the laser thermometer, and place a piece of steel under water, heat it at the same temperature and at the same times, and take the temperatures exactly in the same spot. The level of water would be the same always as well as the temperature, and the steel piece. Also the stand height where I will place the laser will always be at the same height. I need to check everyday if the readings are off by 5 degrees, so I thought this could be good alternative, with a low cost.
Thank you.::thanx:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B IATF 16949 - 7.1.5.3.1 Internal calibration laboratory requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
C MU (Measurement Uncertainty) in an Internal Calibration Laboratory Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
I Calibration Void Seals on Internal Equipment General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
A Internal Calibration Process Suggestions General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
S Internal Calibration Laboratory Inspection/Approval General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
S Auditing TS 16949 Cl. 7.6.3.1 - Internal Calibration Laboratory Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
C Basic Internal Calibration Procedure to check the Accuracy of a Balance Calibration Frequency (Interval) 6
N Internal Calibration vs. Accredited Calibration for Balance - Differences Calibration Frequency (Interval) 3
N Scale with Internal Calibration - Do I need to calibrate? How to document this? Calibration Frequency (Interval) 8
L Calibration Procedure for Internal Spline Plug Gage Needed General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
2 TS 16949 Cl. 7.6.3.1 - Internal Calibration Procedure not Traceable to ASTM, EN etc. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 20
H "Internal Calibration" using other Calibrated Equipment Calibration Frequency (Interval) 13
K Internal laboratory - applies only to Calibration or also to other laboratories? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
R Standard Methods - Internal Calibration Laboratory - What if there is no standard? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
P Internal Calibration or Verification - Personnel Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
M Internal tool calibration program - Best source to become "knowledgeable"? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
V Internal Scale and Balance Calibration Method Tolerances and Limits General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
D ISO/TS16949 Internal Calibration Lab need to include Production Equipments IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 26
M How to Internal Audit the Calibration Process Internal Auditing 12
C Internal Diameter Measurement and Pin Gage Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
K Internal Calibration - Testing Laboratory General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
Q Internal Testing and Calibration Laboratories - MSA, Gage R&R and Control Plans IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M Company Internal Calibration - Is Internal Calibration a LABORATORY? TS16949 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 24
C Internal Audit of Internal Calibration Laboratory - Inspection sample size question Internal Auditing 2
D Internal Laboratory - Defining the Laboratory Scope - Inspection, Test, Calibration Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 18
L Internal Calibration Laboratory Requirements - Ambient temperature, Humidity, Etc. Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
K Should QS/TS certified internal test/calibration labs be required to be ISO17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 16
V Does an internal calibration laboratory need to be certified on ISO 17025? ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
G Organizing internal audit program for an Integrated QHSE Management System Internal Auditing 13
W How do you phrase your internal audit questions? Internal Auditing 3
M IATF - Internal Audit 3 year span Internal Auditing 4
Thee Bouyyy Internal NCR - API Q1 5.4.2b - API 16C Clause 4.1.3 Internal Auditing 9
Q ISO 9001-2015 Internal audit finding Internal Auditing 12
lanley liao How to understand this words that the planning of internal audit shall take into consideration the results of previous audits? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 10
A Add MDSAP to Internal Audit Schedule Medical Device Related Regulations 0
J IATF 16949 Internal Audit question - Auditor's responsibility Internal Auditing 6
M ISO13485:2016, MDSAP and Internal Audits ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
S IATF 16949 Internal Audit Example IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
R AS9100D internal audit checklist or ISO 9001 2015 to AS9100 D AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
S Would this be a second site for the purposes of internal and third party audits? General Auditing Discussions 4
V Internal Auditor Competency KPI IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
J ISMS - Internal Audits Internal Auditing 5
M ISO 13485:2016 internal audit checklist Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
S ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditing Internal Auditing 8
A Internal Audit Questions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
L Documented Information in Internal Audits Process (9.2) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
salaheddine96 Internal audit planning Internal Auditing 2
D CB and customer audits considered as internal audits? General Auditing Discussions 9
M ISO 9001 Major Nonconformance Internal Audit Schedule/COVID-19 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
E MDR internal audit Internal Auditing 1