Internal/External Lead Auditing Course for ISO9001:2000 Examination

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi
Recently the result for the Internal/External Auditing Course for ISO9001:2000 Examination was been forwarded to me by the firm that conducted the training. This exam plus the live audit that we conducted in our company is part of the competency program for the ISO9001:2000. Being the leader of the team, I had some doubts regarding Lead Auditor...My concern is: Is the Lead Auditor Training Course a requirement in the new standard? Can the result of our examination from the Internal/External Auditing Course for ISO9001:2000 would be a valid evidence that would earn me as a Lead Auditor for the new standards? Or Is it the MR would recommend me as the Lead Auditor in our company? Does it need a memo that recognizes me and my team as Internal Quality Auditors of the company? Please comment on this.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Raffy
[email protected]

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
-> My concern is: Is the Lead Auditor Training Course a
-> requirement in the new standard?

No. To be clear, there is no requirement in ISO 9001:2000 that there be a designated 'Lead Auditor' at all. Nor is there a requirement for an internal auditor to have attended a course, although that is pretty common anymore. You could do this by pairing a 'trainee' with a 'qualified' auditor - thus you would have 'On-The-Job' training as the basis for that person's qualification as an internal auditor. There is no requirement for classroom training, for what its worth.

The bottom line is: The requirement is that your internal auditors know what they're doing. It may be from training, experience, education or an 'appropriate' combination of one or more.

-> Can the result of our examination from the
-> Internal/External Auditing Course for ISO9001:2000 would
-> be a valid evidence that would earn me as a Lead Auditor
-> for the new standards?

You can be Lead Auditor in your company, but that does not extend to the definition of Lead Auditor with respect to the RAB or IRCA with respect to working for a registrar. That is, if you are appointed as Lead Auditor of the internal auditors in your company that does not mean you could go to work for a registrar as a Lead Auditor.

-> Or Is it the MR would recommend me as the Lead Auditor in
-> our company?

That is perfectly acceptable.

-> Does it need a memo that recognizes me and my team as
-> Internal Quality Auditors of the company?

You should have the team defined somewhere - typically you have lists of people qualified to do certain things - whether running a specific machine or performing certain tasks. Internal auditing shouldn't be any different. How you represent it is up to you. Some companies have departmental lists of who is qualified to do what. Other companies have qualifications only in individual records. Either way, you should be able to say who is qualified to do what. This applies to internal auditors as well. A memo would work as well.

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi Marc,
Now I am relief of the negatives that I used to think after the training. This helps a lot and enlighten me as well.
Thank you very much.
Raffy

Top Bottom