Internal/External Lead Auditing Course for ISO9001:2000 Examination

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi
Recently the result for the Internal/External Auditing Course for ISO9001:2000 Examination was been forwarded to me by the firm that conducted the training. This exam plus the live audit that we conducted in our company is part of the competency program for the ISO9001:2000. Being the leader of the team, I had some doubts regarding Lead Auditor...My concern is: Is the Lead Auditor Training Course a requirement in the new standard? Can the result of our examination from the Internal/External Auditing Course for ISO9001:2000 would be a valid evidence that would earn me as a Lead Auditor for the new standards? Or Is it the MR would recommend me as the Lead Auditor in our company? Does it need a memo that recognizes me and my team as Internal Quality Auditors of the company? Please comment on this.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Raffy
[email protected]

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
-> My concern is: Is the Lead Auditor Training Course a
-> requirement in the new standard?

No. To be clear, there is no requirement in ISO 9001:2000 that there be a designated 'Lead Auditor' at all. Nor is there a requirement for an internal auditor to have attended a course, although that is pretty common anymore. You could do this by pairing a 'trainee' with a 'qualified' auditor - thus you would have 'On-The-Job' training as the basis for that person's qualification as an internal auditor. There is no requirement for classroom training, for what its worth.

The bottom line is: The requirement is that your internal auditors know what they're doing. It may be from training, experience, education or an 'appropriate' combination of one or more.

-> Can the result of our examination from the
-> Internal/External Auditing Course for ISO9001:2000 would
-> be a valid evidence that would earn me as a Lead Auditor
-> for the new standards?

You can be Lead Auditor in your company, but that does not extend to the definition of Lead Auditor with respect to the RAB or IRCA with respect to working for a registrar. That is, if you are appointed as Lead Auditor of the internal auditors in your company that does not mean you could go to work for a registrar as a Lead Auditor.

-> Or Is it the MR would recommend me as the Lead Auditor in
-> our company?

That is perfectly acceptable.

-> Does it need a memo that recognizes me and my team as
-> Internal Quality Auditors of the company?

You should have the team defined somewhere - typically you have lists of people qualified to do certain things - whether running a specific machine or performing certain tasks. Internal auditing shouldn't be any different. How you represent it is up to you. Some companies have departmental lists of who is qualified to do what. Other companies have qualifications only in individual records. Either way, you should be able to say who is qualified to do what. This applies to internal auditors as well. A memo would work as well.

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi Marc,
Now I am relief of the negatives that I used to think after the training. This helps a lot and enlighten me as well.
Thank you very much.
Raffy

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Internal and external auditor competency to CSR's IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 20
B Using external FDA and ISO 13485 audit as internal audit Internal Auditing 6
A External Auditor issue with Internal Audits Internal Auditing 7
D Necessity of external watchdog next to internal watchdog ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 1
Ashok sunder How to determine the internal and external issues in ISO 45001 standard? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
T Relevant internal and external communication - ISO 9001:2015 section 7.4 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
O Examples of the external and internal issues and their risks and opportunities IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Y ISO 9001:2015 Cl. 4.1 Note 1 - External and Internal issues ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
qualprod External/internal issues removed as well? ISO 9001:2015 Cl. 4.1 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
V PPM - Internal PPM / External PPM Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
M How to Document Internal & External Communications - Suggestions/examples pls IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Q Managing Internal/External RNC and Complaints in same Format ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Metric/Way to show how Internal DPPM and External DPPM relate to each other Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
P Is Internal and external audit of Account Department applicable to any ISO standard Internal Auditing 5
R Can a external auditor raise a finding that is already identified in Internal Audit ? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
M Internal Audit finding versus External Audit finding General Auditing Discussions 2
G Scope of External & Internal Audits General Auditing Discussions 10
D Combining Internal & External Corrective Action Requests Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
K Free from any Undue Internal and External Pressures - 4.1.5b clarification General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
Z Predicting External PPM Capability from Internal PPM Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
T ISO 17025 - 4.1.5b Internal/External commercial, financial, and other pressures ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
G Internal vs. External PFMEA Severity Rankings FMEA and Control Plans 12
J Can An External Auditor Also Write The Same Non-Conformance As An Internal Auditor? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
V Most Common Internal/External Audit Observations on Risk Management ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
S Internal and External Audit Programme Implementation Internal Auditing 6
S How to quantify the Benefits of Internal and External OHS audits? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 4
K Can I join External or Online Internal Auditor Courses Apart from my Company...? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
M Internal and External Customer Survey Procedure and Form examples wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
B Critical Action Limits (CAL) for All Internal and External Audit Findings General Auditing Discussions 17
D External Parties performing Internal Audits? TS 16949 Clause 8.2.2 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
S External Auditor Findings when an Internal Audit found a Nonconformance Yesterday Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
S External or Internal Design Change and Responsibilities Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
R ISO 9001 Internal Quality Audit by Consultants (External agency) Internal Auditing 5
D Internal or External PPM form or template wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
P Can External Audits by Customer be treated As Internal Audits AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 21
P 7.6.3 Internal or External Laboratory? Measuring instruments used in production IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
E First external audit coming up, do I need to have performed Internal Audits already? Internal Auditing 15
P External Contract Auditor for Internal Quality Audit Internal Auditing 18
C Document Control for External and Internal Projects (overseas projects) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
A Audit Database that captures internal, external audits - Prime Part 21 manufacturer Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 12
P Internal vs. external audit training course differences? Internal Auditing 18
H Internal / External Auditors from the same Field / Section / Group? Internal Auditing 2
W External Consultant as Internal Auditor - Can NC be issued by TS Auditor? Internal Auditing 18
R ISO 9001 Internal & External Communication Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
P How do you decide what is an acceptable Internal and External PPM number? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
N Handling External Audits with Internal Vacations General Auditing Discussions 101
A External Audit CAR when Internal Audit CAR is in process? General Auditing Discussions 34
F The difference between External Records vs. Internal Records Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 11
N "For Reference Only" - Internal and External Documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 14
B Internal Audits save you from Non-Conformances on external audits? General Auditing Discussions 16