Interviews - What do Registrars really look for in an Auditor?

Randy

Super Moderator
Interviews

I really need some help from any of you folks that may work for a Registrar. I have an interview with a Registrar this week. They say they want me and that they need me (actually it's my credentials I guess). What do I have to look forward to?

What do Registrars really look for in a an Auditor? I've got credentials ( RAB EMS-LA), I've got education (finishing MBA), I've got some experience (that's how I got the EMS-LA), I'm not too stupid (I belong to MENSA), I'm mature (turn 50 in July) and my wife says I'm good lookin'.

Where may I fall short? (I'm 6ft)

What is a decent compensation? What can I hope to get as bennies? Who pays expenses? Why are we here? Why is the air blue?

I have lots of questions.......HELP!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Randy (edited 26 February 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Randy (edited 26 February 2001).]

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Ummmm - I don't work for a registrar, but remember part of the deal is almost always continuous travel.

What's it worth? They charge in the neighborhood of $1200 a man day. How much do you think you should get from that? $500 a day plus expenses?

Randy

Super Moderator
Well I guess the interview went good. I've been in continual contact and now I've been asked to come and perform an EMS audit on the registrar themselves. My name was also given to one of those "sister" consulting organizations that registrars have to develope the EMS manual and procedures templates they will be marketing, and I'm hard at work on it now.

The numbers you gave me Marc are the base line numbers I get for on-site auditing. The on-site consulting number is a little higher.

It looks like I'm getting busy especially since I have a 2nd registrar taking me on as an independent. Now where is the time to come from?

Randy

Super Moderator
Yep..a 50 - 50 discount.

If the system I help put together breaks..you get both parts.

Randy

Super Moderator
You're right...it's amazing. The funny thing is, I don't have any relationship at all with this 1st organization anymore.

One heck of a change in only 2 years.

Top Bottom