Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Intro to Measurement System Analysis (MSA) of Continuous Data – Part 1: What and Why?

G

i have a question. is it need to do msa for all intruments once in a year?? or one time for each instrument? (vernier, micrometer diff type of gauges??
plz clarify my doubts..

JuneFoo

Starting to get Involved
Hi, Miner, I am confuse on what measurement equipment to conduct the MSA.

Shall I conduct it from QA equipment only (which used for measure the dimension of a product after a process) or need to conduct MSA for equipment used to do set up? eg - measurement tape used to do parameter setting for machine?

Thanks

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
JuneFoo;bt1028 said:
Hi, Miner, I am confuse on what measurement equipment to conduct the MSA.

Shall I conduct it from QA equipment only (which used for measure the dimension of a product after a process) or need to conduct MSA for equipment used to do set up? eg - measurement tape used to do parameter setting for machine?

Thanks
It depends on the context. All measurement devices used to make a decision on the acceptability of product require an MSA. This is a base requirement of ISO 9001. In addition to this ISO TS 16949 requires an MSA for all measurement devices listed on a control plan.

G

I want to know how to analyse R&R for an automatic sorting machine as well its stability. Machine segregate ok and defective parts can someone help?

Top Bottom