Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

iPad and other Tablet "Apps" for Audits and other Business Related Processes

C

Conrad

Has anyone used or is considering using an App on iPad to conduct ISO 14001 internal and CB audits? If so, what has your experience been?

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
Re: iPad Apps for ISO 14001 Audits

For starters, check out: iPhone "App" for Checklists - What Checklist would you want?

Note that I have no financial or other "interest" or association in/with the Nimonik company so I have nothing to gain by "promoting" their product and services here (or anywhere for that matter). I did buy the "app" some time back to play with (I'm essentially retired) and wish I had something like it years ago.

C

Conrad

:thanx:Hi Marc,

I'm trying to find out if anyone has used Audit To Go and if they have any opinion about it.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin

Since your forum user name here is "Audittogo" and you are asking about whether anyone is using an iPad app called "Audit to Go", I need you to categorically state that you are in no way associated with that app.

If you are associated the "Audit to Go" app and have not stated so already you are violating two terms of our ToS here.

Randy

Super Moderator

Since your forum user name here is "Audittogo" and you are asking about whether anyone is using an iPad app called "Audit to Go", I need you to categorically state that you are in no way associated with that app.

If you are associated the "Audit to Go" app and have not stated so already you are violating two terms of our ToS here.
He is, look here

http://greenbridgeinternational.net

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin

I know. I looked it up, too. I was just giving him a chance to state so publicly.

One way or the other it appears no one here has tried it.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin

Most (all?) "ready made" check lists are. They have their place and value when used correctly and in the right scenario. Years ago I used Excel spreadsheets with the clauses of the standard I was using, particularly for gap analysis scenarios where we were looking at whether or not the system met the criteria/requirements of the standard. Yes, I used the standard as well, but with a spreadsheet I could input comments and such which I couldn't very well do with the copy of the standard I had. Well, I guess notes in the margins, but what a pain, especially as the project proceeded and changes were made.

I do look back and think about how nice it would have been to have today's technology 20 years ago.

C

Conrad

Marc, et.al.,

I am affiliated to Audit To Go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
Re: iPad Apps for Audits and other Business Related Processes

This thread was started by a person with a vested interest in a product. The moderators and I have discussed the thread and decided that we would let it proceed with this in mind:

Any discussion should be by people who use, or have an opinion on, using tablet "apps" for auditing or other business related processes. In addition, originally the thread was directed at auditing ISO 14001 systems. We felt it more appropriate to include auditing to any standard or other business related processes.

In part our decision is based upon the reality that the future holds significant promise for the use of "apps" for tablets in areas such as auditing, not to mention other areas in which "apps" will increase productivity and reduce paper use.

I personally know that that this type of application is not new. Going back some years there have been products with did many of the same fundamental functions. An example is use of the Apple Newton in the 1990's which became somewhat widely used by companies for various purposes. However, in the past applications for devices such as the Newton for use in businesses required specialized programming since the market segment served was small. In addition, a number of companies started designing, producing and selling specialized devices for a number of niches such as inventory control and various activities where checklists and such are used.

Since the evolution of technology has brought us to the point where tablets such as the iPad are very popular on a wide scale, not to mention programming such applications has been significantly simplified, we can expect the trend to continue to increase. The moderators and I feel that making "apps" which are related to business systems such as auditing know is appropriate and valuable.

The one "caution" I will put in is that the ToS here requires that there be no "self promotion" in posts.

So - If you know of, or have used, an "app" which you would like folks here to be aware of by all means do so.

Also see: Life after the Personal Computer

Top Bottom