IRCA Lead Auditor Certification - How do I get the necessary audits?

Q

qbwu1

I've done IRCA Lead Auditor 5 day workshop and have fulfil the provisional audior requirement. Now i want to move towards Lead Auditor certification but how can i fulfil the condition of doing audits? will i have to work with any consultant? are there any?
Thanks,

wak125

Registered Visitor
Re: IRCA Lead Auditor Certification

You may please visit IRCA website " www.irca.org" and there you will find a step by step process to become lead auditor

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin

If you want to get 3rd party experience this in some cases can be like catch 22, we only want people with experience but I will not help you get experience!!

Try to see if there are any local quality organizations, try to find someone who will mentor you.
Do you want the certificate to pursue a career in auditing? If so see if there is a local CB who are interested in you.

Good Luck,
Howard

T

Ted Schmitt

I've done IRCA Lead Auditor 5 day workshop and have fulfil the provisional audior requirement. Now i want to move towards Lead Auditor certification but how can i fulfil the condition of doing audits? will i have to work with any consultant? are there any?
Thanks,

There may also be COVE members who do not have trained internal auditors on their staff or may need an "outside" view of their quality system before the CB arrives...

Where are you located in the US ? If you give more details about your location and areas of experience, you may find some Covers willing ... you scratch my back and I scratch yours type thing... free audit for them in exchange for audit experience for you ! :notme:

AndyN

Moved On
Thanks,

This is the most difficult part of any auditor certification for anyone who is not a full time registrar/CB auditor. I suggest that you contact/join your local ASQ chapter. They often have a pool of auditors who can work with local businesses. Where are you located?

Top Bottom