Is a Change Notice needed if I change the Procedures and Work Instructions??

I'm working on Document Reviews and found that some of out Procedures and Work Instructions have the retention requirements in them. We also have a form that has the requirements for retention (length of time, who's responsible for to document,etc) My question is if I change the Procedures and Work Instructions the refer to our Quality Records and Responsibility form in do I need to fill out a Change Notice?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Is a Change Notice needed?

When you mention "Change Notice", do you mean "retraining the personnel who are responsible for document retention"?

If this is what you mean...I think the answer is an easy "Yes".

kgott

Quite Involved in Discussions
While I am no expert; I have a lot of misgivings about 'managing change' issues. It seems to be becoming bigger than 'Ben Herr'.

There a lot right with notifying all the right people about important changes that have taken place but it always seems to be linked with some managing change process. This is something that worries me. Managing change issues is usually assocated with completing ' change request form, when emails and meetings are usually they way these issues are dealth with.

If you processes require you to advise stakholders of changes to management system documents by email first, conveying changes at meetings second with the odd pin up as the least important form of advisory then funtastic.

D

DrM2u

My question is if I change the Procedures and Work Instructions the refer to our Quality Records and Responsibility form in do I need to fill out a Change Notice?
To add to what has been said thus far ... You have to ask 'what is the purpose of the change notice form'? To me, it is a method of communicating changes (procedural, documentation, etc) to the affected personnel; however, it is not the only method. You could change your methods to eliminate the change notice form (CNF), but when you do so you could not use the form to communicate the change. That would constitute the use of an obsolete document, wouldn't it?!? Keep in mind that the use of the CNF is not a requirement of any standard that I am aware of (plese, someone correct me here if I am wrong), but probably a method established internally. Depending on where in the world you are, there might be some regulatory requirements that you use such a form or something equivalent to it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Document Change Notice vs complete System re-write Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
L Significant change notice for outsourced warehouse Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
S Is the document author required to be identified as part of Document Change Notice? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
W Informational MDSAP Substantial change / Change of notice forms Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
shimonv Non-significant notice of change to notified body EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Change notice while switching to injection molding technique for manufacturing EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S Management Notice of Change - Sample Wanted AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
M Is ECN (Engineering Change Notice) Necessary for Part Number Change IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
J Document Change Notice Content Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 24
K PCN Notice (Product or Process Change Notice) Content Requirements per JESD46C Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
R AS9016 - Notice of Change template in either Word or Excel AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
J Engineering/Document Change Notice Procedure required? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
P How to specify criteria for TECN (Temporary Engineering Change Notice) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
J Prior Notice of Sub-Supplier or Material Source Change - PPAP Requirements Question APQP and PPAP 13
P Document Change Notice (DCN) vs. Document Release Notice (DRN) - Differences Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
pammesue Managing ECN (Engineering Change Notice) Blueprints Database..any solutions? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
W Engineering ECR (Engineering Change Request) and ECN (Eng Change Notice) Procedures Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
O ECN (Engineering Change Notice) to ECR (Change Request) Database with Email Report Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
B Document Change Notice - looking for examples Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
C Does a small typo in a procedure require a formal change notice? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 22
G Engineering Change Request (ECR) / Notice (ECN) - Seeking Example Forms Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 21
S EMS Link to APQP - Added an EMS sign off to our Engineering Change Notice form Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 3
Raffy ECN (Engineering Change Notice) / ECO (Engineering Change Order) System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
M Is There a Revision History or Change Log for Canadian Regulations? Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
C Brazil - Product Code (and brand) Change Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S Requirement to Conduct New Shelf-life Testing? (re-do testing for design change) EU Medical Device Regulations 3
dgrainger Informational EU medical device website change from 'Growth' to 'Health and Food Safety' (6/2020) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J Sub-supplier change from manual to automated process - same specs - Report to FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S Special 510(K) - Labeling change from Rx to OTC Other US Medical Device Regulations 11
S MDR Delay - MDD design Change? (before new MDR DOA) EU Medical Device Regulations 8
Jane's Like-for-like critical raw material change qualification - type of testing/ number of lots required ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Change Notification - Registrar vs Notified body ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Marc Insects and Climate Change - 2020 World News 0
A UDI and Design Controls - Labeling change via the Design Control process 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Q Company Ownership Change ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
Q Legal Manufacturing Address Change – multiple registrations at same address 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
I Is highlighting on a printed document considered a change? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
N China - Start manufacturing before change approval? China Medical Device Regulations 1
L 510K - Trade Name Change 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
D Change Control - Product Name Change and its associated labeling EU Medical Device Regulations 7
K Is a change that fixes a recalled device significant? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
U Change Management vs Change Control? Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
H New 510K VS Documents about design change. Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
P Change on Medical Device Classifications - Dental Crowns Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
D Are medical device companies required to document every change made to their website? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
Ed Panek Relevant questions on Substantial Change Form CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
K Reporting a Change of Contract Manufacturer for a 510(k) cleared device Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
R Software change control process and defect tracking ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Device name change and label color change EU requirement? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
M CBE (Change Being Effected) 510(k) Submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 2