Is a Change Notice needed if I change the Procedures and Work Instructions??

alwaysquality1

Registered
I'm working on Document Reviews and found that some of out Procedures and Work Instructions have the retention requirements in them. We also have a form that has the requirements for retention (length of time, who's responsible for to document,etc) My question is if I change the Procedures and Work Instructions the refer to our Quality Records and Responsibility form in do I need to fill out a Change Notice?

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: Is a Change Notice needed?

Where did the requirement for a change notice come from?

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Is a Change Notice needed?

When you mention "Change Notice", do you mean "retraining the personnel who are responsible for document retention"?

If this is what you mean...I think the answer is an easy "Yes".

K

kgott

While I am no expert; I have a lot of misgivings about 'managing change' issues. It seems to be becoming bigger than 'Ben Herr'.

There a lot right with notifying all the right people about important changes that have taken place but it always seems to be linked with some managing change process. This is something that worries me. Managing change issues is usually assocated with completing ' change request form, when emails and meetings are usually they way these issues are dealth with.

If you processes require you to advise stakholders of changes to management system documents by email first, conveying changes at meetings second with the odd pin up as the least important form of advisory then funtastic.

D

DrM2u

My question is if I change the Procedures and Work Instructions the refer to our Quality Records and Responsibility form in do I need to fill out a Change Notice?
To add to what has been said thus far ... You have to ask 'what is the purpose of the change notice form'? To me, it is a method of communicating changes (procedural, documentation, etc) to the affected personnel; however, it is not the only method. You could change your methods to eliminate the change notice form (CNF), but when you do so you could not use the form to communicate the change. That would constitute the use of an obsolete document, wouldn't it?!? Keep in mind that the use of the CNF is not a requirement of any standard that I am aware of (plese, someone correct me here if I am wrong), but probably a method established internally. Depending on where in the world you are, there might be some regulatory requirements that you use such a form or something equivalent to it.

Top Bottom