Is a letter of intent on file good enough for audit considerations?

R

Ron Dooley

Since out side labs have until Jan 2001 to meet either A2LA, ISO Guide 25 or equivalent is a letter of intent on file good enough for audit considerations?

I not what is the criteria?

R

Ron Dooley

Sorry about tthe lanquage I was asking what is the criteria?

Apparently the letter of intent was suggested by our Auditor and I was told to comply.

I have called the service agencies I do business with and have notified them that I will require the letter of intent.

All of the service companies have responded stating that they intend to meet the standard by the deadline of Jan. 2001.

This apparently doesn't satisfy my boss he has instructed me to inform them that he requires a letter from the registrar they plan on using before our audit in mid April.

Again thanks for your help on this issue..

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
This apparently doesn't satisfy my boss he has instructed me to inform them that he requires a letter from the registrar they plan on using before our audit in mid April.
Your boss is asking for more than the registrar. Does your boss have pointy hair? Oh, well, that's why, in large part, I'm independent. Sorry I can't help with pointy haired bosses.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
The bottom line is the requirement is being interpreted by the registrar's auditor - the spec is too vague. If I was auditing, I would take ISO9002 registration as sufficient evidence.

Top Bottom