Is a Newsletter Worth It?

I

Iceman

internal- auditor.com

Hello
Has anyone had a subscription to the monthly issue on internal-auditor.com? Is it worth the money?
Iceman

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
For those who haven't been there, it's www.internal-auditor.com

I'm not a big fan of news letters unless they're free. I will admit that in internal auditing I don't see such complexity or change that it would be a big deal. The most important part to me would be interpretations issues. Which is in large part what The Cove forums are for.

But then again, if you work in a large company or internal auditing is your passion - well, go for it for 1 subscription period and see what you think.

How much are they charging for subscriptions???

I

Iceman

Marc
I asked this question about the cost. An electronic copy is available for $9.00 US, on paper $17.50 and the corporate is 37.50 US (+ postage).
Well, internal auditing is not my passion and I suppose our company is not a large one in international comparison (530 employees). Obviously, this newsletter is not your "cup of tea" or any others which use this forum. I just wanted know....
By the way, this forum answers most my questions, before I ask them.
Iceman

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I'm not down rapping news letters. I have seen some that are good, some that are useless. Some that are expensive and some that are free.

At US$9 'per copy' I wouldn't hesitate to try a copy. If it's 12 issues a year it's about US$ 100 a year. Not terrible. If it's US$9 a year - heck - you almost can't say no.

There's a 'quality' newsletter - the name I can't remember - but it's something like US$400 a year of something outrageous like that. I've never subscribed but some folks have shared their copy with me. It is well done, and for some folks it is worth the price. It often has some 'cutting edge' information.

-> By the way, this forum answers most my questions, before
-> I ask them.

And well worth the price! (The 'price' for the Cove Forums, as you know, is that if others help you, you will help others!)

A

Al Dyer

I joined last year when the cost was $9.00/year for the on-line. At the time they said that they would send me a bill in the mail. I never got the bill but I see that they now have an on-line payment policy. (the same one you use Marc)

As for the content, it was ok, but nothing that I haven't seen posted or linked to here.

ASD...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sidney Vianna IAQG Winter 2016 Newsletter Available AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
C QMS Related Interview - Profiling Somebody in Newsletter Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 14
C Continuous Improvement as a Newsletter Topic Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
C Topics for Company's Quality Newsletter - Suggestions Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 11
M Quality Newsletter - Has anyone done this before? Has it worked? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
A Puzzle related to Quality for Internal Newsletter ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
A Guidelines and Advice on how to develop a Company Newsletter ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Sidney Vianna ISO CASCO (Conformity Assessment Committee) e-Newsletter Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
D Suggestions and inputs for title and contents of Company Newsletter Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
C Do Newsletter articles count towards recertification? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
T Ideas needed for a company newsletter Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 12
V Creating a "Newsletter" for my company!!! Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 9
G USAS ISO 9001 Certification, online is it worth it? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Is Harmonised EN 1041 (Information Supplied By Manufacturer) Worth Looking At? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
J CEN/TR 17223:2018 Guidance on the relationship between13485 and MDR.. worth the money?? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
G Is ISO 9001:2015 certification worth it for a company that does only contract manufacturing? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
L 510 (K) Pre-Sub meeting - Does it worth? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
I AIAG 2018 Quality Summit - Is it worth it? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
T Are online IATF 16949 training/certification worth the investment? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
P ASQ Certified Supplier Quality Professional is the certification worth it? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
Q Is it worth the effort to implement ISO 31000 Risk based on ISO 9001:2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
L The ink is dry(ing) on the revision of ISO 14001:2015. “Is the payoff worth the price Imported Legacy Blogs 0
somashekar ISO 13485. Is it worth to the Medical Device Industry. Imported Legacy Blogs 0
L Dale Carnegie course in UK - Is it worth it? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
C Are Refurbished Laptops worth buying? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 9
D Have my CQE - Is it worth "backfilling" other Certifications Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
M AIAG Membership Consideration - Worth It? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 1
I New AIAG CQI guidelines published - Are they worth buying? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
Chennaiite Control Chart for Non-Manufacturing Process Indicators - Is it worth? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
J Is the AIAG IMDS Summit Productive - Worth the time/investment? Career and Occupation Discussions 8
J Is ASQ CQM/OE web-based training worth it? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
L RAPS (Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society) books - Are they worth it? Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
B Are Premium LinkedIn accounts worth the investment? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
O NET-INSPECT is it worth it? Small Machine Shop doing AS9100 Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
H AS9101D Microsoft Word Format: Worth It? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
D Occupational Hazard....is it worth ? Imported Legacy Blogs 3
N The Worth and Value of Certifications and Degrees Career and Occupation Discussions 15
B 15 Things Worth Remembering Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 1
jasonb067 AIAG Membership worth it or not? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
D Advancing in a Career - HELP!! Is it worth it? Career and Occupation Discussions 9
Wes Bucey What's this job worth? Career and Occupation Discussions 20
J Quality Manager Exam Reference Material that would be Worth the Investment Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
B ISO/TS 16949 - What's it worth? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
Chennaiite What is the loss? A guy buys a chocolate from a shop worth 80 YEN Brain Teasers and Puzzles 20
S Packaged ISO Systems - Are canned policies and procedures worth it? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 49
E Hypothesis Test - Determining if a second wash is worth performing Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
Marc The end of the road for U.S. carmakers? Are the Big Three worth saving? World News 27
K Are Online Universities worth to join or scam? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 13
S TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) - Ideas worth spreading Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
T Does a years worth of prototype manufacturing "count" for TS 16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6