Is a PPAP for FGD or Components?

C

cavrdave

I'm doing a PPAP on a finished device and need to know if I should do a separate PPAP for each of components that go into the device? And if so then I would have to get PPAP's from our suppliers for the PCB's, etcetera correct?

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
You need to give PPAP on what was ordered. If it is an assembly then as per the assembly drawing.
If you are TS then you should have PPAP from suppliers whether the customer asks or not.
As usual the best thing to do is to confirm with the customer what he wants.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
For those of us following along, FGD = ???

What is the "device" application - Automotive? Medical?

C

cavrdave

The FGD is a overhead dome light for commercial vehicle with on/off and hi/lo switch. We are looking into whether the customer wants a PPAP for the components(wire harnesses, housing, pcb) or if it's just for the FGD. The PO is for the FGD and the request for PPAP really isn't spelled out specifically per p/n. I have a feeling when the customer is questioned they will want it for the components as well. It's a situation where people are not familiar with PPAPs and don't know to ask the customer what part numbers do you need a PPAP for. I guess that's the question the sales/purchasing person should be asking. Thanks for everyones input.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
This usually depends on your customer and supplier quality engineer. If subsystems/components have specific customer drawing numbers called out on the final assembly drawing then it is usually expected that those drawings and layouts be included in the PPAP. However, if your company has the design responsibility, that may not be the case.

It is always best to ask your customer what they want.

Top Bottom