Is a reading room a good idea for the Elsmar Cove?

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Marc said:
OK folks, where to now?
Maybe we shouldn't think it through too deeply at first, but get something started and let the response show us how it might be improved.

What about just a separate forum titled The Reading Room and a few categories such as visual aides, articles, e-tools or some such? There might be a need to include abstracts, 50 or so words perhaps, quickly describing the item for the searcher-user's best time use.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
When you say "Sticky, pls. read" is there an attachment or something to open? I don't see anything. :bonk:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
'Stickey' threads are threads which are listed first on the first page of a forum. Some forums have 'Sticky' threads and some don't - It depends upon the forum. Usually 'Sticky' threads are in some way 'Important' and this is a way to make them stand out.

Marc

Leader
Jennifer Kirley said:
What about just a separate forum titled The Reading Room and a few categories such as visual aides, articles, e-tools or some such? There might be a need to include abstracts, 50 or so words perhaps, quickly describing the item for the searcher-user's best time use.
Let's start out with a blank forum before we start making numerous categories (sub-forums). I'd also like to keep from overlap. For example, how will we differentiate what an e-tool is and why it should be a category separate from the existing Tools, Improvement and Analysis forum. What will distinguish what should go into a 'visual aides' sub-forum? There's already a lot more complexity in that the number of individual forums since the expansion last year. I think we should keep the potential for confusion at a minimum.

Marc

Leader
OK folks - The forum is here. Can we come to a consensus on what should be posted in this forum and a description for the forum?

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Marc said:
I need a 'Description' for this forum, please.
I will work on one - others should, too, and maybe we can reach a consensus.

Probably something along the lines of:
A Forum where Registered members can submit "stand alone" articles and "white papers" on various subjects allied with Quality and Business Strategies. Other members can give feedback in the thread for each article.

Top Bottom