Is Accounting a Core process?

Q

QAMTY

Hi all

I have a doubt and hope you can help me.

For me and for some of you who are experienced ÍSO´s.

In my bussiness Into the Product realization, I consider
core Processes= Commercial, Engineering,manufacturing, Delivery and post-delivery support

Sub processes or supporting processes
IT, Training, Human Resources. Accounting.

My doubt is although Accounting is in charge of Payments, payments in advance, Sending invoices to clients, etc.

But particularly in my bussiness, if We don´t have the money in our pockets, we can´t start the planning nor the manufacturing, etc.
Then the process is stopped.

In this angle, It seems is an important link in the chain.

Then the accounting Dept. will be a Core process or Support process?
Although they don´t participate directly in the product manufacturing
Really their function is important.

Thanks to all

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Accounting into Core processes?

You decide. If you think that Finance should be a Core Process, then it is. It's nice and perhaps helpful to classify processes, but it is not required. It's your system, so you and your colleagues should decide how to put it together.

Stijloor.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: Accounting into Core processes?

I have rarely seen finance involved. Do any of you here include Finance as a core process in your QMS? Any examples or discussion?

*I assume we're talking QMS system aspect here.

Pancho

wikineer
Super Moderator
if We don´t have the money in our pockets, we can´t start the planning nor the manufacturing, etc.

In this angle, It seems is an important link in the chain.

Finance is nearly always critical to quality. Section 6 of the Standard charges management to provide the resources and infrastructure needed to meet customer requirements and maintain the QMS. Finance is how you insure provision of these resources, and accounting is how you keep track of how they are being used. And these functions also provide support to and measures for (KPIs) many other critical processes: Purchasing, Collections, Human Resources, etc. etc.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
But particularly in my bussiness, if We don´t have the money in our pockets, we can´t start the planning nor the manufacturing, etc.

Don't you consider this factor when carrying out contract review? Do you look at your capability and capacity? If you need to worry about it later, it may be too late!

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
How deep are ISO 9001 auditors going into finance these days?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Finance is nearly always critical to quality. Section 6 of the Standard charges management to provide the resources and infrastructure needed to meet customer requirements and maintain the QMS. Finance is how you insure provision of these resources, and accounting is how you keep track of how they are being used. And these functions also provide support to and measures for (KPIs) many other critical processes: Purchasing, Collections, Human Resources, etc. etc.
ISO9001:2008 said:
0.4 Compatibility with other management systems
This International Standard does not include requirements specific to other management systems, such as those particular to environmental management, occupational health and safety management, financial management or risk management. However, this International Standard enables an organization to align or integrate its own quality management system with related management system requirements. It is possible for an organization to adapt its existing management system(s) in order to establish a quality management system that complies with the requirements of this International Standard.

How many times?

Top Bottom