Is anyone changing their ISO 14001:2004 EMS Policy?

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: Is anyone changing their 14001:2004 EMS Policy?

Not one company I have audited has changed diddly

R

raje3v

We have an IMS policy and are planning to go for 14001:2015. We were suggested by the CB to add "protect the environment" to one of the policy statement.

Policy Statement:
To carry out task safely, efficiently and with due regard for the
environment.

Any suggestion?

Randy

Super Moderator

We have an IMS policy and are planning to go for 14001:2015. We were suggested by the CB to add "protect the environment" to one of the policy statement.

Policy Statement:
To carry out task safely, efficiently and with due regard for the
environment.

Any suggestion?

Why add "protect the environment"? You're doing nothing more that add fluff.

Keep it simple, keep in minimal, keep it point on and keep out the silly fluff words

dsantos24

Starting to get Involved

All for keeping it simple, but how does the policy shown meet a-g of the standard?

R

raje3v

I completely agree, I am working for a transport industry and we have identified significant aspect and most of them are covered in our objectives.

I was just going through some other post in the Forum and Randy rightly said we should be able to justify our statement as every word in the policy is auditable.

Randy

Super Moderator

All for keeping it simple, but how does the policy shown meet a-g of the standard?

Because there is no "a - g" to begin with (there's only a-e)...You'd better review ISO 14001:2015 a bit better

Now, I initially misunderstood what you wrote and now specific committment to "protect the environment" is included along with prevention of pollution and committments relevant to your "context" (Study Annex A - A.5.2 & A.10.3), also go into Section 3 and review 3.1.3, 3.2.7, 3.2.9, & 3.4.5 to help you along the process

Now when it comes to "due regard", how do you define it and how would you provide objective evidence of due regard?

dsantos24

Starting to get Involved

My bad I was obviously looking at the 2004 standard

Top Bottom