Is anyone using FormDocs (Electronic Form-Filling Software)?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Is anyone using FormDocs ?

Is anyone using FormDocs ? I have many forms I have created and would like to share and see what others have done.:bigwave:
Hello qualityce, and welcome to the Cove! :bigwave:

I am not familiar with FormDocs. Is it a document control software program? There is a Post Attachments List (thin green bar in the upper left corner of this screen) which contains many numerous documents, forms, templates, etc., if you would like to take a look at what others have contributed to the Cove, please feel free to do so. :)

:bigwave:

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit

Hello qualityce, and welcome to the Cove! :bigwave:

I am not familiar with FormDocs. Is it a document control software program? There is a Post Attachments List (thin green bar in the upper left corner of this screen) which contains many numerous documents, forms, templates, etc., if you would like to take a look at what others have contributed to the Cove, please feel free to do so. :)

:bigwave:
I have heard of it, but not used it personally. I note there is a free demo available at the company website
http://formdocs.com/

I don't have time tonight to explore this product - perhaps someone else can tell us whether it is a worthwhile purchase.

I'm always in favor of avoiding reinventing the wheel every time I want to take a journey. I've created a lot of forms in the past (for filling out via computer by just filling in each blank as it pops up on the screen.)

My interest in such a program would be if the data entered in a form were easily or automatically copied to a central database for tracking and audit purposes and for collaborative purposes with colleagues, suppliers, and customers.

U

Umang Vidyarthi

I have heard of it, but not used it personally. I note there is a free demo available at the company website
http://formdocs.com/

I don't have time tonight to explore this product - perhaps someone else can tell us whether it is a worthwhile purchase.

I'm always in favor of avoiding reinventing the wheel every time I want to take a journey. I've created a lot of forms in the past (for filling out via computer by just filling in each blank as it pops up on the screen.)

My interest in such a program would be if the data entered in a form were easily or automatically copied to a central database for tracking and audit purposes and for collaborative purposes with colleagues, suppliers, and customers.
Thanks for providing the link, I too was looking for an affordable and intelligent software, and I am impressed by this. I have copied FormDocs Office for quick look.

FormDocs Office :

FormDocs Office Edition is the affordable way to give everyone in your organization the ability to fill-in forms, on both networked and standalone computers. Includes all of the Basic and Premium Edition features PLUS the special features described below.
bullet

Lets multiple users on a LAN or VPN open and share form files - without overwriting each other's work. Formdocs is the only forms software that provides this critical file-sharing, record-locking safety feature! See how...
bullet

Provides Digital Signatures so you can optionally approve, secure, and authenticate the information on your Forms. Helps you to achieve compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, and other mandates that require you to ensure the integrity of your information and the accountability of users who enter and modify that information.
bullet

Provides Forms Routing so that you can optionally e-mail your forms to other FormDocs recipients in a sequential fashion in order to obtain their input and/or digital signature approval. Enables you to create simple and effective workflow.
bullet

Includes one Form Designer and multiple Form Fillers for installation on multiple computers.
bullet

More about features

Users Price
3 - $299.95
5 - $349.95
10 - $499.95
20 - $799.95
50 - $1,999.95
100 - $3,999.95

300+
-------------

Other versions like FormDoc web/server etc. are available on the link. One may to choose according to his requirement.

Umang :D

qualityce

Involved In Discussions
I have been using FormDocs for about 3 years. I have virtually switched our company over to electronic forms. With FormDocs you can quickly create forms and add programmed controls. I have many templates I have created over the years and have become pretty good at the "FAB" programming language it uses. I have forms linked to MS Access databases doing everything from gathering our metrics to documenting our electrical testing with controlled parameters.

There is virtually no support on the internet as far as templates. Mine are built on ISO9001-2000.

With FormDocs you can take an existing doc (electronic or paper) and turn it into a FormDoc form in a matter of minutes. Sometimes you have to tweak a few fields, but it works great for us.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
I have been using FormDocs for about 3 years. I have virtually switched our company over to electronic forms. With FormDocs you can quickly create forms and add programmed controls. I have many templates I have created over the years and have become pretty good at the "FAB" programming language it uses. I have forms linked to MS Access databases doing everything from gathering our metrics to documenting our electrical testing with controlled parameters.

There is virtually no support on the internet as far as templates. Mine are built on ISO9001-2000.

With FormDocs you can take an existing doc (electronic or paper) and turn it into a FormDoc form in a matter of minutes. Sometimes you have to tweak a few fields, but it works great for us.
Do you have an interest in the company outside of being an admirer of their product?

qualityce

Involved In Discussions
No, I am a Quality Assurance manager for a manufacturing company. I am always looking for FormDocs templates or code to use in forms. FormDocs is a good program, but the software manual is not very good. My QC and I struggled for a long time learning to do the programming to get the extra benefits from the software.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
No, I am a Quality Assurance manager for a manufacturing company. I am always looking for FormDocs templates or code to use in forms. FormDocs is a good program, but the software manual is not very good. My QC and I struggled for a long time learning to do the programming to get the extra benefits from the software.
Thanks for the info. We get spammers here, so I was just asking. :D
Having to struggle for a long time to get extra benefits doesn't sound like much of a recommendation.

qualityce

Involved In Discussions
Well the program is great for the novice user, but if you really want to use it to the full potential the manual states on the cover that it assumes you are some level of programmer. I had to learn some Visual Basic.

I understand the problem with spammers, my goal is to find other users to freely trade templates and get new design ideas. Its actually become pretty fun to design the form and then program it to do some amazing things.

U

Umang Vidyarthi

Well the program is great for the novice user, but if you really want to use it to the full potential the manual states on the cover that it assumes you are some level of programmer. I had to learn some Visual Basic.

I understand the problem with spammers, my goal is to find other users to freely trade templates and get new design ideas. Its actually become pretty fun to design the form and then program it to do some amazing things.
Could you share here as to which version of FormDocs you are using?

Umang

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GreatNate Anyone using the Intellect QMS software? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
Q Is anyone using MasterControl Spark? I have a question ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
D Anyone using a cloud based QMS software? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
W Anyone using Keyence Image Measurement System Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 2
J Is anyone here using Metcal / Met TEAM (8.1) Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
J Anyone using SiliconExpert Technologies Software for RoHS/REACH/CM RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
J Implementing "Gage Control Software" Is anyone using this program? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 12
ScottK Is anyone using iCloud? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 17
E Is anyone here using APQP (AIAG manual) in Medical Devices? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
D Using Regrind - Anyone ever used a deduster to improve quality of material? Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
R Is anyone using GreenCut Cutting Fluid Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
N Does anyone have any experience or feedback using mind mapping software? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
Q AIAG CQI-14 - Consumer-Centric Warranty Management Guidelines - Is Anyone Using This? Customer Complaints 9
S Anyone familiar with using an Authorized Representative in the UAE? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
J Is anyone using "Costaware" Cost Reduction Software? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 0
S Microsoft OneNote - Is anyone using Microsoft OneNote Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 13
D Does anyone have experience using open source software for PDM? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Jim Wynne Anyone still using floppies? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 37
M Anyone Using Parsec Software? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
Y Biocompatibility of Lexan 244 - Is anyone using Lexan 244? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
Marc Greylisting - Is anyone using 'Greylisting'? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
F Porosity Testing anyone? Ceramics using Liquid Ceramic Slurry Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
L Is anyone using Gagemaker? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 2
Ajit Basrur Anyone using Net Promoter Scorecard (NPS) to Measure Customer Loyalty? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
Q Document Control Software Suggestions - Anyone using MIPSIS? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
K Anyone using MQ1 by CEBOS? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 13
A Anyone still using the 862 Datamytes? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
A Does anyone using or know about the software Visio or MS Visio? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 8
Jim Wynne Anyone using Office 2007? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 26
Marc Is anyone using Gmail (Google Mail) to filter spam? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 21
C Anyone using the new ANSI/NCSL Z540.3-2006? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 28
Crusader Anyone using FastLynx software? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
G AA 1000 - AccountAbility Standard - Is anyone using AA 1000? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
Steve McQuality Visual Enterprise/Crystal Reports - Anyone Using This System? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
D Is anyone using a commercial Configuration Management Software for AS9100? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
Q QI Analyst - Is anyone is still using version 2.0.1? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
D Zero Acceptance Sampling - Is anyone is actually using this? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
J Anyone out there using Self Evaluations? Career and Occupation Discussions 5
Q Do You Know Anyone Using ISO 10002? ISO 10001 and ISO 10003 are under development Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
Claes Gefvenberg Anyone using Thunderbird? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 16
R Rolled Throughput Yield - Is anyone using this metric, and if so, how Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
R Using Excel .xls spreadsheet to replace paper logsheets - Has anyone had success? Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 24
D Oracle PLM - Anyone out there using Oracle PLM or know anything about it? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 0
L Notified Body - Does anyone have experience using TUV Essex? Registrars and Notified Bodies 2
G JobBoss: Anyone using this Job Shop Management Software?? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
D Is anyone currently using a portable CMMs (e.g. Faro, Romer, etc.)? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
P Is anyone out there considering using a Third-Party for their FDA Audit? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
G Self Directed Work Teams - Anyone using SDWT in their company? Manufacturing and Related Processes 19
W Is anyone using Adobe photoshop 7? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 6
J Browsers: Anyone using Firefox? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 154