Is anyone using Gmail (Google Mail) to filter spam?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I was reading a few 'web master' forums and found some are using Google's gmail because of its 'awesome' (so some say) spam filter.

Anyone here using it for that or have any comments on Google's gmail and spam filtering?

Also see: Tips to filter spam more efficiently.

D

Don Palmer

I've been using a Gmail Account for over a year. I like it a lot. Only get spammed about 3 or 4 per day with weekends off. Don't understand why I don't get spam on weekends. On the other hand my primary ISP email account gets on average 180 spam messages a day 365 days a year.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Ironically, I have been using Gmail for my Elsmar Cove account since September and today it decided Elsmar Cove was spam and tucked all my notices in the Spam folder! :notme:

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
My Yahoo account started sorting Cove e-mails into Spam a few days ago also.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Same thing happen to my Yahoo account also and yes, it started only a few days back. Maybe someone on Yahoo side tinkle with their filter system.

Marc

Leader
I recently looked and Elsmar.com is not on any 'black lists', so they must be doing something with their filters. I don't even send out newsletters for fear of being labeled a spammer.

BradM

Leader
Admin
Ahh, Marc. Maybe we found my Gremlin?

I have been messaging Marc that I have not been getting any notifications, where I used to get them. It started less than a week ago. Both he and I are puzzled.

I have Yahoo toolbar (sbcglobal e-mail). Can anyone let me know how to determine if it is preventing my notifications, or how you determine this?

NOTE: None of the Cove notifications are showing up in my SPAM inbox on Yahoo. On my home Outlook system, I don't get anything.

Marc

Leader
This is REALLY weird. I changed the forum email to my gmail address yesterday to see if it was any better than my SpamCop filtering service which is why I brought this subject up to begin with.... So, you folks tell me about this and... What do I find when I look at my gmail page online (I've been popping mail rather than going to the web site)? Several emails from users with problems who used the Contact Marc link to email me for help in my gmail spam box! I had to change it back to my SpamCop account.

I don't know what Google did, but I'll try to find out.

I just checked out the major blacklists again and elsmar.com isn't listed on any, so it has to be something to do with content and/or header information.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
I had been receiving a lot of unsolicited mails from this company called IT business edge. They still get through yahoo and their mails are in web-page format. I noticed that all those in my spam box are of the e-mail format.

Top Bottom