SBS - The best value in QMS software

Is Bill Gates So Smart ?

K

Keeping the Faith

One night, a twin-engine puddle jumper was flying somewhere above New Jersey. There were five people on board, the pilot, Michael Jordan, Bill Gates, the Dalai Lama, and a hippie.

Suddenly, an illegal oxygen generator exploded loudly in the luggage compartment, and the passenger cabin began to fill with smoke. The cockpit door opened, and the pilot burst into the compartment.

"Gentlemen," he began, "I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that we're about to crash. The good news is that there are four parachutes, and I have one of them!" With that, the pilot threw open the door and jumped from the plane.

Michael Jordan was on his feet in a flash. "Gentlemen," he said, "I am the world's greatest athlete and I should have a parachute!" With these words, he grabbed one of the remaining parachutes, and hurtled through the door and into the night.

Bill Gates rose and said, "Gentlemen, I am the world's smartest man. The world needs smart men. I think the world's smartest man should have a parachute, too." He grabbed one, and out he jumped.

The Dalai Lama and the hippie looked at one another. Finally, the Dalai Lama spoke. "My son," he said, "I have lived a satisfying life and have known the bliss of True Enlightenment. You have your life ahead of you, you take a parachute, and I will go down with the plane."

The hippie smiled slowly and said, "Hey, don't worry, your holiness. The world's smartest man just jumped out wearing my backpack."

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wes Bucey Bill Gates has a twin? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
Coury Ferguson Bill Gates to step down from Microsoft After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 8
Marc Management by Bullying - Bill Gates and MicroSoft Career and Occupation Discussions 7
samer Statistics about Bill Gates Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Marc Bill Gates Envisions Cars that Can't Crash World News 5
Marc Billy Gates - Sayings of Chairman Bill After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
A Design History File - Not ready to share the design drawings or Bill of Material US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
dgrainger Informational UK - Medicines and Medical Devices Bill 2019-21 UK Medical Device Regulations 0
F The EU Drafts Bill to Postpone MDR by a Year (3/2020) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
dgrainger Informational Have your say on the UK's Medicines and Medical Devices Bill Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J UK Medicines and Medical Devices Bill - 2019 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
dgrainger Informational UK's new Medicines and Medical Devices Bill Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
R Bill of Materials for a complex product - Industry best practice ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
J Bill of Materials required according to MDD93/42/EC Annex II Section 3.2 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
R BOM (Bill of Materials) - To rev or not to rev Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
B Great advice by Bill Watterson Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
B Bill of Material Content to meet Purchasing Requirements Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
somashekar Use of Set or Pair as Unit of Measure in the Bill of Material (BOM) Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
Q Software that will fit the bill of Igrafx Process compatible with Macintosh? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
A Help Engineers understand the differences between Bill of Materials and Routers Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
Stijloor Mulally, Bill Ford awarded more than $98 million in stock World News 1
A Looking for BOM (Bill of Materials) template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
P Daily Rate to bill for a Site Quality Manager - Construction ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Stijloor Leave it to Bill Clinton! Two U.S. Journalists in N. Korea Are Said to Be Pardoned World News 12
Sidney Vianna ANAB Accreditation Council Drafts Client Bill of Rights ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
J Concessions - Raising a concession untill the BOM (Bill of Materials) is updated Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
Stijloor New Guideline for a Standardized Bill of Lading World News 0
P A "Clean" Bill of Health - Re-Registration Audit with No Nonconformances ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
S New Auditor wants Mould tool repair bill included in Cost of Poor Quality! IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 18
M Bizarre billing (? fraud?) problem on my landline bill After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 11
M Bill Harral - RIP - January 2006 Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 3
Marc Definition General Quality Assurance Glossary - By Bill Pflanz Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 6
Y Reserve APQP documents such as Preliminary Bill of Material? APQP and PPAP 3
T Document Control Revision History in Manually Created BOM's (Bill of Materials) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
J Drawing Control - Bill of materials as our master list? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
M Implementation of Quality Gates in Production Processes Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
P Has anyone ever heard of "Quality Gates" (Volkswagen term?) - APQP and PPAP APQP and PPAP 11
Proud Liberal How to validate the geometry of a 8 mm pitch, 22 tooth Gates HTD sprocket Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
M FSMS Targets and Objectives in SMART planning Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
J Microsoft Smart Art Turtle Diagram Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 9
C Is IEC 60601 applicable to our smart bed? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
F Organising IQ, OQ and PQ content in a "smart" way Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
BradM Stay Logged In does not work on smart phones - Sept 2018 Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 14
J OGP Smart Scope for Gage R & R Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
Marc FYI - A way to liberate ransomware'd Google Smart TVs Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
Marc Hackers unleash smart Twitter phishing tool that snags two in three users IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 7
Ajit Basrur Google?s smart contact lens: What it does and how it works Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
V Best value for choice/money - Smart phone vs tablet After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 7
Wes Bucey Touch Pad on Laptop - Make Me Smart After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
P Smart or Sexy (CAR) - Poor Root Cause Analysis and Poor Effectiveness Check Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8