Is CADMIUM allowable in IMDS if it so what is the allowable percentage?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource
Yes, IMDS allows Cadmium and its compounds.

ELV regulates Cadmium and its compounds. A level of 0.01% is allowed per homogeneous material.
While it may be obvious to many, I'll clarify: there must be less than 0.01% of the substance by weight at raw homogeneous materials level.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
While it may be obvious to many, I'll clarify: there must be less than 0.01% of the substance by weight at raw homogeneous materials level.
:). Let me clarify. The word raw is not found in the ELV regulation. "by weight" is.

Here is the definition from the EU commission:

As defined by the European Commission, a homogeneous material is one that cannot be mechanically disjointed into different materials

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource
:). Let me clarify. The word raw is not found in the ELV regulation. "by weight" is.

Here is the definition from the EU commission:

As defined by the European Commission, a homogeneous material is one that cannot be mechanically disjointed into different materials
Agreed. And thanks for the clarification, I was not aware that the OP was discussing ELV.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Judy Abbott Increase the maximum allowable dose for E-beam sterilization Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
L Allowable AC mains fuse types for latest IEC60601 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
S How to calculate the maximum allowable hysteresis of a pressure gauge General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
S Selling Medical Demo Devices - is it allowable? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
hogheavenfarm Allowable End Gap of Split Lockwashers Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
K Step by Step Gauge R&R with 10% maximum allowable Gauge Error Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
T Conical Taper Tolerance - Allowable Deviation from Nominal Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
D How to inspect maximum allowable contaminate Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
J Maximum bend allowable tolerance on a three and a half inch truss head machine screw Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
L Concerning "allowable" supplier line accums before starting a corrective action Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
T TS-16949 Non-Allowable Exclusions - Off-site Product development group IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
optomist1 Informational Training IMDS - Management of Product Chemical Regulatory Compliance RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 2
W Printed Circuit Board - IMDS declaration RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
R CPM grading by thinkstep vs. IMDS IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
J IMDS submission details for aluminium wrought alloys APQP and PPAP 5
K IMDS Chemistry Manager RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 0
J Question: How to create an IMDS RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
D IMDS for Like Components (Interior Plastic, Leather/vinyl Armrest, etc.)other than Color APQP and PPAP 1
F How to submit PPAP without IMDS APQP and PPAP 10
R IMDS for double sourced component RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
J IMDS for Trucks in USA as a requirement RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
F Mig Welded Components - IMDS International Material Data System RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
S IMDS=REACH for automotive industry? REACH and RoHS Conversations 3
D I'm new in IMDS special using the IMDS application Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
D IMDS for machining - Can my customer request a IMDS number for a part? APQP and PPAP 2
A IMDS - Changing the Locked Weight Value RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
L How do you send an IMDS instead of propose to a customer? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 2
W IMDS - Help (Common Warning and Error Fixes) RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 9
H IMDS for material - Can my Customer create one for my material? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 4
T IMDS - Creating an MDS out of material and a made item? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 4
S IMDS helper app or program or paid service at OEM? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 0
N IMDS Warning Polymer Material Two Substances RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 7
O Is it "legit" to create IMDS before Part Production? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 4
J IMDS: How to manage same Raw Material from Two Suppliers? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 2
S Use of Published IMDS Data from our Raw Material Supplier RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 6
S. Moore Where is a good place to get IMDS (International Material Data System) Training? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
F Future Plan for IMDS (International Material Data System) RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 5
K Entering Assemblies containing Welds into IMDS RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 4
L IMDS for a Part of a Multi-Part Assembly? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 10
R IMDS time frame submission for a very old product APQP and PPAP 1
L IMDS Overcheck Rules RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 9
T IMDS - MDS request for parts supplied to multiple customers RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 15
T Calculating Plating/Coating Weight for IMDS RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
V IMDS Submission for Trim Parts (Non-woven Carpets, Wood, Felts etc) APQP and PPAP 5
Jim Wynne Has Anyone Had Trouble with IMDS 8.0? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 17
T IMDS - What is the difference between propose and send buttons? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 5
S Development of ELV and IMDS in India. RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 8
R Is IMDS required for Shipping cap received from our suppliers RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 7
T Steel Material Entry into the IMDS system RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 5
I IMDS Warning - Chromate Filming of Zinc Plating RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 4