Is consultant prohibited in ISO9001 audit?

Y

Yukon

The CB rules are irrelevant. I will not allow outside Consultants with a vested interested in seeing that their client gets registered with zero NCs assessed participate directly in an audit. The consultant can in some cases be present while the audit is taking place but unless he/she Is asked for a comment than silence is expected. Consultants can not influence an audit in progress and if it happens during an audit I am responsible for he/she will be asked to leave. Failure to do so will cause the audit to be stopped. You can stand around, be quiet, and answer questions if they are put to you by me.

Y

Yukon

That isn't an answer. I cited a specific example. Where, let's say, a consultant was contracted to be the Quality Director pro tem. You'd have them removed for the audit?

In such a case as you describe it would be wise/smart to announce him as Director of Quality.

AndyN

Moved On
The consultant can in some cases be present while the audit is taking place but unless he/she Is asked for a comment than silence is expected

Do you fear being called out, by an experienced consultant, on an incorrect interpretation of a requirement? To protect their client from accepting an invalid non-conformity? You're aware that clients don't push back on non-conformities because they fear retribution, don't you? I want to make certain what your motives are for this astounding revelation.

Y

Yukon

So your suggesting that:
1) The client lie to you and
2) You would not verify the Org Chart.

What are your ethics?

Unless the company is lying the org chart would designate him as Director of Quality ( you said that's his title). Clients lie to us all the time, they just think we are too stupid to know we are being lied to. You see we (CB) Auditors would never consider saying outright that you were lying to us because you would call our office and report it. I know every trick in the book my "friend" , I've been around too long and have participatedin too many audits to be fooled by rank amateurs.

Top Bottom