Is corrective action mandatory for each internal audit NCR

Randy

Super Moderator
As I asked Randy, in whose eyes do you "justify" appropriateness? He gave me the how, but not the who.
Just write it down "We didn't do the fancy stuff because it was a waste of time, we didn't believe it necessary, it wouldn't add value, it was stupid to begin with" Do whatever floats your boat.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
This type of thing is what my NC Tracking Log is intended to help with. It allows OFI, 3W (who-what-when for the simple "fix it" issues) and the more strenuous option for serious or systemic issues. Its set up of risk criteria self-explains the process for 1st, 2nd and 3rd party auditors.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Just write it down "We didn't do the fancy stuff because it was a waste of time, we didn't believe it necessary, it wouldn't add value, it was stupid to begin with" Do whatever floats your boat.
Sounds simple enough. But what happens when your "all knowing" auditor disagrees? Fact is most of these auditors come in with some bias based on their prior companies. Many fail to see the "other" ways to do things. Thus, if they think it adds value, or would prevent a non-conformance, then in their minds it "should be" done. At least that's my experience.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
Sounds simple enough. But what happens when your "all knowing" auditor disagrees? Fact is most of these auditors come in with some bias based on their prior companies. Many fail to see the "other" ways to do things. Thus, if they think it adds value, or would prevent a non-conformance, then in their minds it "should be" done. At least that's my experience.
As any good lawyer or Judge would say: Asked and answered. Your experience is your experience and no amount of advice that you have been given has been enough to get you out of your ‘rock and a hard place’. I feel for you. However it is important for others here to understand that your experience is not everyone’s experience. Many individuals have mostly good auditors and when they get a ‘bad’ auditor they have success when explaining and appealing or worst case changing auditors and/or CBs. Some have scardy-cat leadership who don’t want to ‘rock the boat’ and they leave that organization or suck it up and put up with it. Some simply leave an industry (I left automotive and this was one of the reasons) they feel is too un-yielding.

As a manager I always told my team that only those who were willing to do something about it were allowed to b!tch about it…so what are you willing to do to improve the situation?

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Golfman's concerns are exactly why the three criteria were set up in the NC tracking Log. It removes much of the guesswork, answers the "What about risk based thinking?" question, helps with consistency and documents the process. The organization gets to select the criteria, but once that's done there is no changing midstream. The user would need to start with a new sheet.

Top Bottom