Is Device Tracking Card an actual requirement under FDA regulation?

Jen

Starting to get Involved
Hi. So, a little bit of the background..the company I work for sells a class II Implantable medical device. A Device Tracking Card is always inserted in the device packaging. The hospital supposedly fills the Device Tracking Card with information such as hospital name, date, physician name and procedure, etc. And the Device Tracking Card should be mailed back to us. But nobody does that over the years.

Recently, I have tasked to revise all the labels. I searched all over the internet but cannot find any requirement/regulation related to Device Tracking Card. When I asked the seniors in my company, the answer I got is the consultants include this Device Tracking Card when they set up the quality system years ago. And the Quality System supposedly complies with FDA regulation.

I got the feeling of the Device Tracking Card is no an actual requirement and incline to remove the Device Tracking Card from the labelling. But I also worry that I have overlooked the requirement. I hope someone here can confirm my suspicion or correct me. Many Thanks!

:thanx:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J 21 CFR 821 Medical Device Tracking Requirement 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
Q 21 CFR 821 Medical Device Tracking 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
C Medical Device Tracking Sampling Plan using MIL-STD-105E Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
T Tracking Medical Device Components for Recalls Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
B Tracking Number of Uses of a Medical Device that can be Sterilized by the User ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Device tracking sampling plan for device tracking audits - Medical device industry Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
S Medical Device history tracking software Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 5
J Identification and Traceability in Medical Device Tracking - FDA Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Changing Investigational Device from Non-Sterile to Sterile - what are the implications? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
B FDA Breakthrough Device can be overlapped with a designated device? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
D Add new device to current license Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
S Obsolescence of the Medical Device in Various Countries Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
A MDR - Legacy Device Review Timeframe and Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A IT-NETWORK in PEMS Sub-Clause 14.13 for Medical Device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
G Medical Device - Borderline/Definition EU Medical Device Regulations 0
B Is labeling on the device itself required? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
A Intended Purpose on device label EU Medical Device Regulations 7
S Medical device equipment calibration Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
P European Medical Device Nomenclature (EMDN) and CND EU Medical Device Regulations 3
S Reseller Request to Change UPC on Medical Device via Re-labeling Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
D Hand Held medical device - power supply requirements IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
T CE Marking - Bench mark Device from same manufacturer CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
E Medical device applicability to WEEE Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
Fjalar Spare parts for discontinued MDD compliant class I medical device EU Medical Device Regulations 4
H Medical Device Label Acceptance Criteria Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
J Calling a medical device a medical device (when it might not be one..) UK Medical Device Regulations 29
B Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) Book - Fundamentals of Medical Device Regulations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
A How can we change a device trade name in 510(k) summary? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
N Medical device name in different countries EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M Issues with leakage current testing for a CLASS II device since no PE and FE is present IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
V Medical Device Literature Translation Software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Are you allowed to reuse the same asset number if the device was replaced? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
G ISO 13485 Certification - Can we get the ISO 13485 certification prior to shipment of the device? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
J Med Device Class for a Service Organization ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Z Over The Air (OTA) updates for medical device Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
H Tukery Medical Device Regulstion Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
J UDI-DI how should we interpret Device version or model to determine if a new UDI-DI is needed? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
T Device & Accessory, Components in device, or System EU Medical Device Regulations 0
shimonv Clinical evaluation report for class I device EU Medical Device Regulations 3
P UDI-PI requirements on reusable surgical device, do we need serialisation? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Medical device certificate in Australia - ARTG certificate Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
Q Software as a medical device vs software not sold as medical device: local regulations for sale? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
H Medical device Product Registration Registrars and Notified Bodies 2
A Can a power Supply be an accessory to a medical device, if it is an 'off-the-shelf' product. IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
K Technical file for MHRA - looking for assistance with self declaration Class I device CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 7
A Medical device labelling Date of manufacture US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
W Non Sterile Medical Device Environmental Tests Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
A Clinical assessment sample size - Medical device Class IIb implantable (93/42 directive) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
K 25-year lifetime of medical device - document storage period EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Sample record for verification performed by importers before placing a device on the market EU Medical Device Regulations 0