SBS - The best value in QMS software

Is Device Tracking Card an actual requirement under FDA regulation?

Jen

Starting to get Involved
Hi. So, a little bit of the background..the company I work for sells a class II Implantable medical device. A Device Tracking Card is always inserted in the device packaging. The hospital supposedly fills the Device Tracking Card with information such as hospital name, date, physician name and procedure, etc. And the Device Tracking Card should be mailed back to us. But nobody does that over the years.

Recently, I have tasked to revise all the labels. I searched all over the internet but cannot find any requirement/regulation related to Device Tracking Card. When I asked the seniors in my company, the answer I got is the consultants include this Device Tracking Card when they set up the quality system years ago. And the Quality System supposedly complies with FDA regulation.

I got the feeling of the Device Tracking Card is no an actual requirement and incline to remove the Device Tracking Card from the labelling. But I also worry that I have overlooked the requirement. I hope someone here can confirm my suspicion or correct me. Many Thanks!

:thanx:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J 21 CFR 821 Medical Device Tracking Requirement 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
Q 21 CFR 821 Medical Device Tracking 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
C Medical Device Tracking Sampling Plan using MIL-STD-105E Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
T Tracking Medical Device Components for Recalls Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
B Tracking Number of Uses of a Medical Device that can be Sterilized by the User ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Device tracking sampling plan for device tracking audits - Medical device industry Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
S Medical Device history tracking software Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 5
J Identification and Traceability in Medical Device Tracking - FDA Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
L Medical device registration in Iran Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S DHF/DMR/MDF for a software-only, cloud-based, single-instance device Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 2
V MDSAP Requirements for Device Designer Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
J Biocompatbility testing on Class 1 device requirements Other US Medical Device Regulations 12
H EU CE marking for Medical Device Class I EU Medical Device Regulations 0
A Medical Device Contract Manufacturer - Does the CM need to register with FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
E Procedure ( SOP) for Device Master Record ( DMR ) and for Device History Record (DHR)? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
JoCam Certified QMS for MDR - Class I medical device manufacturers EU Medical Device Regulations 4
J US Device Listing when not the 510(k) owner Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
R Compatibility studies - Medicinal Product and Medical Device Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
K CE Marking Class 1 (Non sterile) medical device CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
G Voluntary Class I Device Filing Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
J Medical Device Regulations in Lebanon? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
J Calibration cycle for monitoring & measuring tools used in medical device manufacturing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
N Is this a single integral drug device combination product EU MDR CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
S Medical Device MRI Compatibility EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A ISO 13485 for Class 1 Medical Device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
R Components to a finished medical device, MDR requirements Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
J Warnings/Cautions in Medical Device IFU Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
L Medical device HIPAA compliance in encryption Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 1
N Validating Software before getting approved as Class 2 device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
M Clinical Benefit of device that only aids in a process for managing or treating disease EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Office and manufacturing site relocation effect on Device Technical File CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
D Can a diagnostic device be class I? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M V&V phase: Justification of acceptance criteria (statistical method ) - (Medical Device) Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
supadrai Possible to Submit a 510(k) if you have never, do not and cannot produce the device for which you're submitting the application? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
S Pre-Submission for Breakthrough Device Designation - What's the threshold? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 8
M Surgical angle measurement guide device with an application software Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
E Medical Device - CE marking - Local market notifications EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S Medical Device Registration in Qatar Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
M Medical device substance based-leachables Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
R What information do i need to get from the device manufacturer 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
P Anyone have an Idea on UAE Medical device registeration- Class B with FDA only Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
F Mobile app regulations - Class II medical device 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
C Warehousing two separate components to a finished device while meeting regulations Other US Medical Device Regulations 7
M What are the basics of Medical Device Single Audit Program (MDSAP)? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
D Legacy Device Review CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
U Medical Device CE Marking - Using a disposable bearing CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
L Medical Device Registration in Macau Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
M 'Active' device? Software/laptop with attached camera 'looking' at passive metal probe EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A 60601-1 understanding of stationary device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
A Medical Device Registration in the Dominican Republic Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4