Votes: 21 44.7%
  • I'm not that happy but sticking with it

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • I'm utterly pi##ed off

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
M

M Greenaway

How many of you guys are happy in what you do, and go home with a real sense of value and worth ?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M

mooser

I like what I do. I have to put up fair amount of BS, but I'm sure most of us do.
Mooser

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Staff member
Admin
I would have to say that I don't find great satisfaction in my work. This has more to do with the corporate culture of the organization than it does the field of Quality.

M

Michael T

There are days...

Right now my job isn't the worse one I've had (in the Quality profession), but it still lacks a good bit to be desired. I think my biggest gripe is lack of commitment/support to a real quality program. There is, what I consider, a lot of lip service, some [email protected] measures and some dog & pony stuff, but when it comes to implementation of a real quality initiative (like QFD for example), I get, "Oh, that's a great idea, but we're not ready to do that just yet." Yeah, yeah... I'll be worm dirt before they (upper management) ever gets their eyes checked and can focus on something beyond the bottom line for this quarter. :frust:

Thanks for the opportunity to vent.... :ko:

Cheers!

I love it!!!!!!!

This may sound crazy, but I LOVE what I do, I love where I do it, and I even am quite satisfied with my pay! Sometimes I almost feel guilty getting a paycheck! I especially love it when a company I am working with “gets it”!

E

energy

Me too!

Like almost everybody, I like what I do. I just don't like anybody else. Think that's a problem? They do not share my enthusiasm, nor I their's. What we Quality Geeks do is a game to the uninformed. So. we play the game! :confused: :ko: :smokin:

D

David Mullins

I prefer the alternatives

Sam's got it wrong. If the alternative was playing golf, drinking beer and chasing skirts...................

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Wishing Everyone A Very Happy 2002 New Year! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 13
M Supplier Audits - Stop Wasting Everyone's Time! General Auditing Discussions 15
supadrai Auditing Organization dragging their heels on issuing our MDSAP Surveillance Audit Confirmation Letter - everyone is nervous ... are we the only ones? Canada Medical Device Regulations 7
T Special Thanks to Everyone in this Forum! AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
D Good luck everyone on tomorrow's ASQ Exams - June 2014 Professional Certifications and Degrees 13
AnaMariaVR2 Why modern maps put everyone at the centre of the world Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
I Simplistic ISO 9001 Awareness for everyone ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
M Condolences to Everyone of Polish Ancestry Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 14
A Chaotic Industry, Poor Service From Almost Everyone Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
K General Term for Inspection Process of Sample Parts that everyone can understand Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 10
J Deadline Extension? New Excuse? Computer Enhancers for everyone Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
tsmith7858 AIB International takes a Hit for PCA Audit Reports but everyone is impacted Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
C Successful AS9100 Audit - Thank You to everyone here AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
J How is everyone else handling Machine Condition Standards? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
J Coming up with initial policies sufficient to get everyone headed on the right track ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
G Making everyone follow documentation (document control) policies Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 24
M Merry Christmas to Everyone! - 2007 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 39
J Thanks Everyone Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
C Can everyone in the company be responsible for quality? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
C We just completed our surveillance audit (17025:2005) - I wanted to thank everyone! ISO 17025 related Discussions 8
Wes Bucey Everyone has a chance! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
Marc In Case You Weren't Clear On How The US Telcos Screwed Everyone After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 8
I TS 16949 - What nonconformances has everyone seen from your audits? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
G How is everyone handling TS2 Clause 8.2.3.1 - Maintaining Process Capability IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
I Turtle maps and Flowcharts - How is everyone approaching Turtle maps and flowcharts? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 16
D I'm losing Management Support - I'm losing everyone else's interest Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
P How is everyone coming along with ISO/TS 16949 implimentation? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
D ISO 9000 Management Review in a Small Company - Everyone knows what's happening Management Review Meetings and related Processes 33
Sidney Vianna ISO seems not to be aware that ILO is not very happy with ISO's work on OHS Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
Marc Happy New Year - 2019 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
A Happy 30th Birthday, ISO 9000! ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Crusader Happy Birthday Crusader! Covegratulations 11
Q Happy New Year 2016 - 2017 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
M Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, etc. - 2016/2017 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
Marc Happy Birthday BradM! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
Wes Bucey Another year - still happy! Covegratulations 5
P Happy Birthday, Atul Khandekar!!! 2016 Covegratulations 7
Marc Happy Birthday, Jim Wynne! Covegratulations 17
P Happy Birthday, Bob Doering! Covegratulations 3
Hershal Happy Fathers Day! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
somashekar ~~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNIFER ~~ Covegratulations 11
Marc Happy Birthday Statistical Steven - 2015 Covegratulations 10
Marc Happy Birthday Bob Doering - 2015 Covegratulations 4
P Happy Birthday, Somashekar - 2015 Covegratulations 9
Marc Happy Birthday Colin! 2015 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
Marc Happy Birthday - Crusader! Covegratulations 8
Marc Happy Birthday - Jerry Eldred! Covegratulations 2
Ajit Basrur Happy Birthday Hershal - 2015! Covegratulations 4
Ajit Basrur Happy Birthday Claes - 2014 Covegratulations 8
Marc Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays - 2014 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 21