Is helping people in the Elsmar forums Consulting?

L

Laura M

db

You have a point there - especially because I think we "let our hair down" every once in awhile here. Not that we are not being ourselves here, but I'd be careful, for example, "bashing" a registrar at a first meeting with a potential client - but here there's an anonimity to it. A little therapeutic at time when the rest of the world "don't get it."

I've mentioned to a couple clients about the Cove. Most seem to be more interested in what they are doing vs. what I'm supposed to be doing, so they don't check in here.

Laura

R

Rick Goodson

Randy,

It occurs to me that participation in the COve is more closely aligned to belonging to a professional society and participating in the meetings, discusions, etc. than it is to consulting. I am more inclined to follow the path Laura follows: "Major contributor to a nationally recognized quality forum."

Rick

D

db

Nationally Recognized Quality Forum

Rick and Laura

At the risk of offending anyone (or perhaps to build our resume even further), perhaps we could rephrase it to a "Major contributor to an internationally recognized quality forum." We do not want to exclude those contributors and readers from other parts of the globe.

:thedeal:

D

D.Scott

ROFL

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

That would be the last thing you would have to worry about (other) Dave. :biglaugh:

Dave

D

db

"That would be the last thing you would have to worry about (other) Dave"

I don't know Dave, just one look at my license plate (yes, that is my plate), and one would assume that I don’t have a life and take this stuff tooooooo seriously! HMMM maybe that’s true! :bonk:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Tax Angle

Originally posted by Randy

I had never considered the tax angle.
Talk to a GOOD accountant who knows 1099's and schedule 'C'. Note: Not many do. They are typically trained and know mostly about W-2 and investment issues.

Marc

Leader
Re: Nationally Recognized Quality Forum

Originally posted by db

At the risk of offending anyone (or perhaps to build our resume even further), perhaps we could rephrase it to a "Major contributor to an internationally recognized quality forum."
Calling the Cove forums "...an internationally recognized quality forum..." may be stretching things a bit... :thedeal:

Marc

Leader
Where?

Originally posted by Laura M

db

You have a point there - especially because I think we "let our hair down" every once in awhile here.
Where? Where? You wouldn't by chance be referring to the fights, bickering, darts thrown and the Road Kill Recipes, would you? :vfunny:

E

energy

Re: Where?

Originally posted by Marc
Where? Where? You wouldn't by chance be referring to the fights, bickering, darts thrown and the Road Kill Recipes, would you? :vfunny:

While I participate in the fights, bickering, darts and the road kill recipes and other funky humor, I will say this: Do not think for one minute that anything you say in the forum is being utilized in it's final form. The discussions and the different viewpoints are thrown into the collective pot, the wheat separated from the chaff and the the final result proffered to my management and mostly rejected. Not because it's bad stuff, it's because they don't understand what it is they are being offered. Personally, I gain more than I can give. Would I think your advice to me, or others, worth some kind of tax deduction or a great thing to put in your resume? Not!:eek: Besides making yourself feel good, there is no verification that your information was ever utilized. The best information in still in the Premium files. Real stuff. Now, the Cheech may have a bitch, but the rest of you, keep on dreaming!:ko:

L

Laura M

Re: Re: Where?

Originally posted by energy

The best information in still in the Premium files. Real stuff.
Excellent post energy. I don't consider this consulting - training, maybe. Not resume material for me, but possibly for others. As far as the "nationally recognzied, or internationally recognized" - I guess it depends on whose recognizing. If Quality Digest is international - then the site was "internationally recognized."

Top Bottom