Is helping people in the Elsmar forums Consulting?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: Re: Where?

Originally posted by energy

Now, the Cheech may have a bitch, but the rest of you, keep on dreaming! :ko:
I hope everyone knows I'm not bitching here, I'm laughing! It's hard for me to conceive of these forums and/or the site in general as more than the spec on the internet universe that it is. The forums and site have morphed quite a bit from my 'original plan from way back then', but everything evolves over time. :thedeal:

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Calling the Cove forums "...an internationally recognized quality forum..." may be stretching things a bit...
Marc, I have in the past had reason to challenge you on ethnocentric thinking. This is
an internationally recognized quality forum.
I am from outside the US and I recognise the forum. QED.
If the reason for consulting is tax consetions then I really don't know.
What is clear though is that even the "Experts" learn here.
It is "an internationally recognised educational forum"

Don't be worried about the road kill etc, he who has no humor has no life. 101 in training add humor to your presentation, letting your hair down is just a way of testing your training abilities!!!!!

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I took a break today from work and did the 'New Posts in Last 24 hours' thing or something and saw the thread title and read it. Having been out of town and busy I haven't been looking at many threads. Any way, as I was reading this thread I was/am pleased and am honored that folks here think so much of the place. I was laughing to myself mainly at the term recognized. I don't disagree at all with the international aspect - wasn't even thinking that way - people come here from all over. I well know that from the server logs. Anyway, along with Kevin's and my 'misunderstanding', this just thread sorta tickled me.

I'll agree it's internationally recognized per se, but I was thinking about the regulars (what a group!) and that the site has really been more of an 'alturnative' site where I've for years bashed ISO and QS. You may remember me going so far as to use images like:<center>
Is helping people in the Elsmar forums Consulting?
</center>on some of the main site pages with respect to QS... See https://Elsmar.com/qs9000.html as an example. I mean, really. It's for sure not a corporate or company site per se. I just consider it a 'backwoods' site.

Now, if I was as famous as Michael Moore... I guess I better start getting a movie together and start a book! He had GM and I have the QS and ISO folks to beat up on. Threads like https://Elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=4045 are invaluable as people here and there get little tibits of information and mention them here.

Anyway... Since I was taking a break and in a 'reasonably giddy mood', I decided to play around for a few minutes and thus my posts.

OK! I give up! :truce: It's an internationally recognized forum. Thanks for the Kudos, but let's not get overly serious here... :thedeal:

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Originally posted by Marc
OK! I give up! :truce: It's an internationally recognized forum. Thanks for the Kudos, but let's not get overly serious here... :thedeal:

As if that could ever happen!:vfunny: :biglaugh: I think that there is little chance that the regulars here will be overly serious...We seem to be able to be serious when the need arises, but all in all to paraphrase "QA Managers just wanna have fun." I know I do, see my tag line. If we can't enjoy our work, we ought to be doing something else.

Keep up the good work everyone. I know I really appreciate all the times someone has come to my rescue when my opinions have differed with an auditor. This is a great group of folks.

S

swappyd

You lot are a god send

Sat here between meetings I need to tell all you lot how much you are a help for me.

Upto Jan of this year my focus was improvements on the shopfloor and a bit (read lot) of fire fighting. To a certain extent i have been a little lost in my new role not to mention, disheartened and fustrated. But you little gems have given encouragement, made me laugh and a realisation it's not just me.

I realise that this is what i want to do from my living and sorting things out so it is for the visible future.

It the cove is a great society and the advice is thought provoking.

So thanks you lot you are a big help.
:bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave:

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Marc said:
A Blast from the Past...

Any new thoughts, folks?
Without dragging through the entire thread, I can say for myself that I consider most of my posts in the Cove as Mentoring (defined as giving service to proteges and friends without thought of material reward.)

My posts in the ASQ Forums are evenly split between Mentoring and agitating and railing against ASQ paid staff who seem to be suppressing the role of Quality "education" in favor of profit at the expense of the rank and file membership. The profit, of course, only goes into the pockets of an overpaid and burgeoning bureaucracy within ASQ.

R

ralphsulser

Wes Bucey said:
Without dragging through the entire thread, I can say for myself that I consider most of my posts in the Cove as Mentoring (defined as giving service to proteges and friends without thought of material reward.)

My posts in the ASQ Forums are evenly split between Mentoring and agitating and railing against ASQ paid staff who seem to be suppressing the role of Quality "education" in favor of profit at the expense of the rank and file membership. The profit, of course, only goes into the pockets of an overpaid and burgeoning bureaucracy within ASQ.

Wes, I am a Senior Member ASQ and have looked over their website but cannot find the ASQ Forums you refer to above. Would you be so kind as to identify how these are accessed? I would like to see the postings and subject material, and the answers given.

B

Bill Pflanz

ralphsulser said:
Wes, I am a Senior Member ASQ and have looked over their website but cannot find the ASQ Forums you refer to above. Would you be so kind as to identify how these are accessed? I would like to see the postings and subject material, and the answers given.

To get to the ASQ Forum, sign in as an ASQ member using your ASQ membership ID. If you have never created a password then it will ask you to create one. Once the ID and password is entered, then a different home page screen appears for ASQ members. About 2/3 of the way down is the link for Discussion Boards. ASQ made it like those video games where you have to know the hidden doors to go into the next room.

Be prepared that the board is not user friendly and does not have the same features as this forum. It is also not used as much as this board and does not have active moderators. Many of the regular users on the ASQ board also appear here.

Bill Pflanz

R

ralphsulser

Bill, Thanks I found it and tried it out by looking through the topics and a few discussions. Not impressed. The "Cove" rules :agree1:

Top Bottom