Is ISO 9001 Transition (from 2000 to 2008 version) Training Required?

A

Amexx

Is tranisition training required for an organization's internal auditors. I have received a solicitation from a training provider who says that their course meets RABQASA and IRCA requirements. Don't't these requirements pertain just to certification/regsistrar auditors.

I have seen nothing that makes "transition training" mandatory for anyone else.

Thank you.
Paul

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Re: Is Transition Training Required

Training requirements for internal auditors are generally set by the organization. I agree that the transition training requirement would be for certification in third party auditors, say for BSI or DNV. You do not appear to be a specific target in the advertisement; sounds to me like they are fishing.

AndyN

Moved On

Is tranisition training required for an organization's internal auditors. I have received a solicitation from a training provider who says that their course meets RABQASA and IRCA requirements. Don't't these requirements pertain just to certification/regsistrar auditors.

I have seen nothing that makes "transition training" mandatory for anyone else.

Thank you.
Paul

A course that meets the RABQSA or IRCA requirements is not just for a CB/registrar auditor. Any qms or ems auditor looking for 'accredited' training would attend such a class.

There is no transition training requirement for ISO 2008, for example, it's just that the training provider's course meets those requirements. I agree with Jen, it may be that they're trying to drum up some business.......

Q

qualitymanager

It depends on what your Registrar requires - I have seen some that want companies to review their systems to see if they now meet the 'clarifications' in the standard.

I should be running a public course on changes to the standard, not because it's required that companies attend something like that, but just because some ppl want to find out and are willing to attend a seminar to get the info.

AndyN

Moved On

It depends on what your Registrar requires - I have seen some that want companies to review their systems to see if they now meet the 'clarifications' in the standard.

Are you serious that a CB (not a single auditor) requires a client to attend training in the 2008 standard? If so, I'd politely suggest that client should start looking for another CB.......

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Which Registrars do "require" this?

Stijloor.

R

ralphsulser

I should be running a public course on changes to the standard, not because it's required that companies attend something like that, but just because some ppl want to find out and are willing to attend a seminar to get the info.

According to my incoming e-mails, everyone is offering "Training" for the 2008 clarifications.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

According to my incoming e-mails, everyone is offering "Training" for the 2008 clarifications.

I think that whether training is a good idea in this instance is wholly dependent on whether (A) doughnuts* are provided, and (B) the training takes no more than 10 minutes unless it takes longer to eat the doughnuts.

*And I mean bakery doughnuts, not that Dunkin' Donuts junk. This is important training, after all.

Top Bottom