Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Is ISO14001 consultant allowed to attend ISO14001 audit?

Hi,

Anyone knows if consultant attending audit is prohibited by any accreditation or certification body rules?

I know that for IATF16949 it states clearly this prohibition.

How about ISO14001 audit?

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
If your consultant needs to be present during the certification audits then your system is not ready for certification.
I beg to differ on such conclusions. The consultant (or an observer or a member of the top management) can be present to learn and note the finer aspects for that auditing. It is your organization and you can involve anyone to witness, unless that person does not pitch in and make statements on behalf of the auditee.
What Randy has mentioned is an other workaround for audit assistance.

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
I beg to differ on such conclusions. The consultant (or an observer or a member of the top management) can be present to learn and note the finer aspects for that auditing. It is your organization and you can involve anyone to witness, unless that person does not pitch in and make statements on behalf of the auditee.
What Randy has mentioned is an other workaround for audit assistance.
Of course they can. But should the consultant be present?

tony s

Information Seeker
Trusted
Consultants can pose like one of the employees or just stay on another room away from the auditor. Anyway, the auditor will not ask if you're a consultant first before they proceed with the audit. Consultants, most of the time, serve as "morale boosters" to auditees. They should refrain from "lawyering" for the auditees while they are being audited though.

Top Bottom